Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Hot Replies glitch

Quote Reply
Hot Replies glitch
Anybody else run across this? And how do I fix it? I set hot_replies to "5", hot_minutes to "1440". 5 replies in 24 hours (I can roll that back after the forum starts to pick up).

So I log in to see how things are progressing today - and every thread is "hot". Even the ones with no replies. In theory, only one of these should be "hot".

And just to prove I'm not crazy Wink:

Quote Reply
Re: [HeavyBombers] Hot Replies glitch In reply to
I did restore to the original settings. Now the hot category seems to be stuck on some posts. I guess it records what it thought was a hot post and marks it as such for posterity as opposed to recalculating each post?

I'd change it again but now I'm afraid Tongue
Quote Reply
Okay I confess total confusion. I log in here and all the threads here appear to be "hot" to me.

This must be some sort of cache issue? Or does everybody else see hot threads as well?

I do have another browser session open with my forum in it.
Quote Reply
me too. just in this category.

maybe they're testing just for you Angelic

edited area here:
errr .... soemthing is weird ... forum is going a little nuts. down in links a thread is showing new and it's actually posted after an old one.

hmmmmm .... something got panic'd ??? I wonder.

2nd edit here:

I wonder if all the new forums caused this to happen.
I also had to shrink some areas that had been closed before the change.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile

Last edited by:

QooQ: Apr 10, 2002, 5:34 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Hot Replies glitch In reply to
Hi,

All threads getting marked as hot was a bug we ran into. As for the new'ness, we joined together some forums (bug reports => discussion, plugin authors => development), and that's probably what you are seeing.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Once it determines that a thread is "hot", it records that in the post table. Oddly enough, this is the first time we've seen it, yet it almost simultaneously happened on our forum here.

For now, I recommend that you manually reset the host posts via the SQL monitor (Admin -> Tools -> SQL Monitor). Enter this query (you may have to change "gforum_" if you used a different prefix):

Code:

UPDATE gforum_Post set post_thread_hot = 0;
It may take a minute or two depending on the number of posts you have (It was about 2 minutes on our 180,000 posts). We've fixed this in 1.1.4, which should be available soon.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Hot Replies glitch In reply to
Worked like a charm, and on my small db was completed by the time I'd finished hitting the return key.

Thanks,