Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Bug with moved threads in french version 1.1.7

Quote Reply
Bug with moved threads in french version 1.1.7
Hi,

When I click on "Supprimer" ("Delete") in the subject line of a moved thread I get a error: the "post_delete_moved_comfirm" action doesn't exist. I also checked in the templates, and post_delete_moved_comfirm.html doesn't exist. (french version, 1.1.7)

Thank you.

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Jul 20, 2002, 10:46 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Bug with moved threads in french version 1.1.7 In reply to
If you pasted that exactly, it should be coNfirm not coMfirm.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ellipsiiis] Bug with moved threads in french version 1.1.7 In reply to
Oups, you're right. But post_delete_moved_coNfirm action doesn't exist. I think the link should use post_delete_confirm action instead, since there is new changes in post_delete_confirm.html for moved threads.

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Jul 20, 2002, 11:08 AM
Quote Reply
Hi François,

I checked what happens within my Gossamer Forum in French (1.1.7 like yours) according with your problem, and here everything work like a charm. As for your last problem, maybe it is not a bug...

So the problem comes when you click on "Supprimer" ?

Would it be possible to get an access to your GForum in French installation ? You can PM it or email me if you would like me to take a look.

Of course, next, our discussions seront en Français Wink.

Amicalement / Regards,
Gautier Girard.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
French Partner of Gossamer Threads
Articles, conseils sur le Marketing internet, le référencement et la promotion de sites.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gautier] Bug with moved threads in french version 1.1.7 In reply to
Hi Gauthier,

Please check in the diff file 1.1.6 - 1.1.7, the link "Supprimer" (<a href="gforum.cgi?do=post_delete_moved_confirm;post=<%post_id%>;<%hidden_query%>">Supprimer</a>) in section for forum_view.html use the action "post_delete_moved_confirm", and this action doesn't exist in Data.pm. I did a complete re-installation of my forum with the version 1.1.7, and this action did not appear in Data.pm. So I'm pretty sure that it's not a problem with my forum.

You said «As your last problem, maybe it is not a bug». Sorry, but I consider my last problem was caused by a real bug. The forum should work correctly with absolute OR relative path to images directory, since we have the choice to use one of them in the control panel.

You said to me in a previous post that you past to new french versions many quality tests with success before release them ("à chaque nouvelle version Gossamer Forum en Français subit des tests de qualité qu'il passe avec succès"). I don't want to offend you, but you seem to pass the tests to new french versions very fast. Check only this threads:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=197704#197704

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=198023#198023

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=198270#198270

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=198926#198926

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=198524#198524

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=198281#198281

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=203826#203826

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=205263#205263

Fortunately, GT staff listen their users, and always found solutions to the bugs.

Gauthier, I found a lot of french errors (grammaire et orthographe) in the texts. I started to make a list of them, but I changed my mind since I found too many of them. Here just few exemples of errors I found in language.txt:

'ATTACHMENT_FAILED' => 'Tous vos fichiers n\'ont pas été attachs (attachés) avec succès: %s',
'ATTACHMENT_FILTERED' => 'Vous n\'êtes pas autorisé de (à) transférer les fichiers correspondants à \'%s\'',
'ATTACHMENT_INSERT_FAILED' => 'Impossible d\'insérer votre attachement ("attachement" is not a real french word, you should use "fichier attaché") dans la base de données: %s',
'PROFILE_PASSWORDS_DONT_MATCH' => 'Les mots de passe que vous avez entré (entrés, french rule: les participes passés lorsque utilisés avec l'auxiliaire avoir s'accordent en genre et en nombre avec le complément d'object direct si celui-ci est placé avant l'auxiliaire.) ne correspondent pas',
'DO_ban_ip' => 'Exclue (Exclut, verbe exclure, pas excluer) l\'IP d\'un Utilisateur',
'DO_forum_ban' => 'Exclue (Exclut) un utilisateur d\'un forum',
'DO_forum_ban_write' => 'Exclue (Exclut) un utilisateur d\'un forum',
'DO_message_send' => 'Envoit (Envoie, verbe envoyER) un Message Privé',
'DO_post_edit_post' => 'Envoit (Envoie) les changements d\'un message',
'DO_post_post' => 'Envoit (Envoie) un Message',
'DO_post_reply_post' => 'Envoit (Envoie) la réponse à un message posté',
'DO_resend_validation' => 'Renvoit (Renvoie, verbe renvoyer) la validation',

That's only few exemples which I found in only one file (template)... The french text used in install.cgi for the installation is also full of errors. That doesn't give a good impression of the script when new users install it for the first time...

I continue to believe that Gforum is a really great script. I tell often to my friends how much I'm satisfied with this great script and with the great support of Gossamer Threads. These errors that I found in the french texts are easy to correct for people who own the script, but I think they should not be there, since the image of the entire company of Gossamer Threads is affected. Poor texts could give very fast the feeling to potential owners that it's probably also a poor script...

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Jul 21, 2002, 1:17 PM
Quote Reply
Hi François,

Just to be clear about the bugs in Gossamer Forum in French and my partnership with Gossamer-Threads. In this partnership I translate the things and I try to make good translations. Also, I handle installation of the script if our French users want, and also, I answer to questions about the script himself (what it can do, etc...). Technical problems are the part of Gossamer-Threads. So, when French users find a bug, I'm not responsible, and I'm not obliged at all to help solving them. So I will no longer try to reply to our French customers here for technical problems. I thought it was an useful added free service for our French clients but finally it is not.

The strings you mentionned. These problems have been discovered and will be solved in the next French release François. Why don't you email me about these problems ? Doing so, I simply send to you the last corrected file.

About the word "Attachement". What do you do if there are more than one file attached ? Do you write (in French) : "fichier attaché" ("file attached") if there are more than one file attached ? I had to take a decision about this :

1- I do a translation that will contain spelling mistakes.

2- I use the term "Attachement" and there is no spelling mistake. Even if there are one or more attached files, the stuff is sent as "an attachment".

What do you prefer François ? Why didn't you ask me "Why do you use "Attachement" instead of "Fichier attaché" ? I would have been glad to answer you and start a new discussion about this.

Amicalement / Regards,
Gautier Girard.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
French Partner of Gossamer Threads
Articles, conseils sur le Marketing internet, le référencement et la promotion de sites.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gautier] Bug with moved threads in french version 1.1.7 In reply to
Hi Gauthier,

I'm sorry, with the way you spoke to me I was sure that you were responsible of doing tests for new french releases. Now I think I understand your part.

Like I said in my previous post, I don't want to offend or insult you. Sorry, if you feel that. I simply wanted to give a feedback to GT staff about the french version (especially the texts). Since it seem that anyone in GT staff knows well french language, I think it's important that french users give them feedback about the translated texts.

You said in your previous post "What do you do if there are more than one file attached ? Do you write (in French) : "fichier attaché" ("file attached") if there are more than one file attached ?" - I don't really see the problem. If there is more than one attachments, you can use "fichiers attachés". And if there is one OR many attachments, you can use "fichier(s) attaché(s)". I'm not sure I understand you.

We could continue this discussion in private message if you want.

Hope you're not too angry with me. Unsure

Regards,

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Jul 21, 2002, 10:17 PM
Quote Reply
Hi François,

That action should have been added automatically by the 1.1.6 - 1.1.7 upgrade code. Try manually editting the config file and setting "version" to 1.1.6, then "upgrade" again. It won't break anything to do so, and it should get that missing action back. The "post_delete_moved_confirm" is a new action in 1.1.7.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Bug with moved threads in french version 1.1.7 In reply to
Hi Jason,

Thank you for your answer.

That's really strange, because I did not "upgrade", I did a complete new installation. I had problems with emoticons... and I decided to erase all my installation and I did a complete new installation to see if the problems with emoticons still there. So I don't understand why post_delete_moved_confirm is not in Data.pm.

I will try your suggestion. Thank you!

François
Quote Reply
Hi Jason,

I changed in Data.pm "1.1.7" to "1.1.6", and did the upgrade to 1.1.7. But the action "post_delete_moved_confirm" still don't exist (french version). Mad

François
Quote Reply
Hi,
I had to move a thread this weekend to another area and I was left with a link that had "supprimer" : ie. delete, next to it and when I click on it I get the following error :
Action inconnue 'post_delete_moved_confirm' which means :
Unknown action 'post_delete_moved_confirm'.

This seems to be the same issue Franco raised and I have only ever installed the version 1.1.7 so it cannot be down to upgrade issues. Is there some code missing or a misspelled routine call ?

John

PS for the moment does anybody know how is it possible to get rid of the initial thread referenced that has the delete function next to it.
Significant Media

Last edited by:

Jag: Aug 12, 2002, 6:21 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Bug with moved threads in french version 1.1.7 In reply to
Ah,

This seems to be a problem in the french 1.1.7 distribution - it is missing the action. What I'd recommend is editing the admin/GForum/Config/Data.pm file via Fileman, and adding this:

Code:
'post_delete_moved_confirm' => {
'_auth_param' => 'post',
'_auth_type' => 'post',
'action' => 'page',
'customizable' => {
'description' => '1',
'page' => '1',
'user_groups' => '1'
},
'description' => 'Confirming moved post deletion',
'min_forum_permission' => '6',
'min_user_status' => '1',
'page' => 'post_delete_confirm.html'
},
It should go right after the line containing:

Code:

'functions' => {
Adding that will fix the problems. Unfortunately, I don't have a translation for the bit highlighted in red, so you'll need to change that appropriately.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Bug with moved threads in french version 1.1.7 In reply to
Just for info I think you could translate the red bit by :
'Confirmation de la suppression du message déplacé'
Significant Media