Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Install problem

Quote Reply
Install problem
I know the following error has been covered several times between here and the Links SQL forum but I've tried everything with no joy at all. I'm getting the error
Error: Database driver mysql is not installed. Available drivers: ExampleP,ODBC,Proxy,mysqlPP

on a fresh install of GForum 1.18 on Win2000 running Apache 1.3.27, PHP4.23, MySQL 4.04...I've installed via PPM both DBI and DBD::mysql but still gives the same error. Tried with no SQL password and user Root as well..are there any missing files I could check??? If so doesn't anyone know where they may be located....
Quote Reply
Re: [David_D] Install problem In reply to
It doesn't look like the driver was installed properly as it isn't listing.

Did you do:

ppm install DBD::mysql

?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Install problem In reply to
Yeah...I've done ppm install DBD::mysql several times and ppm install DBI..which downloaded everything ok with no errors..It's really odd because I've had this error a few times in the past on Windows machines and sorted out with the above. I upgraded MySQL just in case it was that and totally reinstalled Activeperl then installed DBD & DBI again but absolutely no change at all...????
Quote Reply
Can you see the module in your perl tree?
Quote Reply
If its the correct place I have c:/Perl/site/lib/DBD - with ExampleP, mysqlPP, ODBC & Proxy &

c:/Perl/site/lib/DBI with a whole load of other stuff such as PurePerl, Shell, ProxyServer.....

c:/Perl/site/lib/ - there is a file called DBI with no extension
c:/Perl/site/lib/Net - MySQL.pm

I don't really know exactly what I'm looking for though ????
Quote Reply
Try putting this in the first directory you just listed...
Quote Reply
I copied everything from the DBI & Net folders and put into the DBD folder but still get the same error but with added extra of recognising the other files as available drivers i.e "Database driver mysql not installed.Available drivers: ExampleP..........PurePerl, Shell..basically everything in the directory....
Quote Reply
You shouldn't do that, you should just put the attached file in that directory ;)

Last edited by:

Paul: Jan 29, 2003, 4:05 AM
Quote Reply
Sorry...Doing it now...Didn't see the attachment...
Quote Reply
Put the directorys back to the way they were then added mysql.pm to DBD dir & now get this error

A fatal error has occurred:

install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate loadable object for module DBD::mysql in @INC (@INC contains: c:/ezpublish/Apache/cgi-bin/admin c:/Perl/lib c:/Perl/site/lib .) at (eval 5) line 3
Compilation failed in require at (eval 5) line 3.
Perhaps a module that DBD::mysql requires hasn't been fully installed
at c:/ezpublish/Apache/cgi-bin/admin/GT/SQL/Driver.pm line 83

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Quote Reply
Hmm crap. I thought that may have worked. Obviously the DBD::mysql installer does some extra installation behind the scenes.

I'm not sure why the installation is failing.

When you try to install it does it say DBD-mysql is up to date or does it try to install it each time?
Quote Reply
On reinstalling DBI it states that "package DBI aready exists" but will overwrite. On reinstalling DBD it only refers to mysqlPP being aleady installed but also overwrites..I have noticed that there's another MYSQL.pm in the c:/ezpublish/Apache/cgi-bin/admin/GT/SQL/Driver dir -??
Quote Reply
I think I've found the problem...Just found this on CPAN
As of this writing, DBD::mysql is missing in the ActivePerl 5.8.0 repository. However, Randy Kobes has kindly donated an own distribution and the following might succeed:

ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/DBD-mysql.ppd

I ran it via ppm and it installed alot more files than I previously had. Its still giving a load of Dynamic Link errors but I suppose thats because the whole thing's a mess at the moment. I'm running A/Perl 5.8.0 so what I'll do is remove perl and use 5.6.2 or something and start from scratch...Many thanks Paul for all of your time and patience....