Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Gossamer Forum 1.1.7 Released

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Gossamer Forum 1.1.7 Released In reply to
Make sure the appropriate columns are in your table, that was what the problem was on my forum. It is working now.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ellipsiiis] Gossamer Forum 1.1.7 Released In reply to
I took forum_view.html back to the default code and did same for post_move_select.html.

The only modifications are in the header and footer includes.

Still no joy. Am at a loss to exlpain why.
Quote Reply
Are you referring the database table here?
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Gossamer Forum 1.1.7 Released In reply to
Yes, the database table columns.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
The new columns were all present, Jason chased this down as a bug:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=205973#205973

-Scott
Quote Reply
This something to ask our DBA about or...? In reply to
1.16 worked fine with our Oracle database. When I either upgrade to 1.17 or just do a clean install of it, clicking on a forum results in:

Can't call method "fetchrow_hashref" on an undefined value at /export/home/httpd/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum/Forum.pm line 85.

Debugging shows:

GT::SQL::error = Failed to prepare query: '
SELECT *
FROM gforum_Post /*!32312 USE INDEX (p_rfl) */ LEFT OUTER JOIN gforum_User ON gforum_Post.user_id_fk = gforum_User.user_id
WHERE (gforum_Post.forum_id_fk = '2' AND gforum_Post.post_root_id = '0')
ORDER BY post_latest_reply ASC
' Reason: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute/Describe)
Quote Reply
Re: [agaffin] This something to ask our DBA about or...? In reply to
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I've fixed this up and posted the bug fix in the Official Bug Fix forum, here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=207669#207669

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] This something to ask our DBA about or...? In reply to
Hi Jason,

I have been running 1.1.3 up until now on my site and I have just moved my website to a new server. Therefore I decided to upgrade my version.

I backed up my database and moved it to the new server. I then downloaded the latest version 1.1.8 and installed it using my old database.

The problem I have run into is that I wanted to make a small change to one of my forums and it came up with the following error.
Quote:
  • Failed to execute query: 'UPDATE gforum_Forum SET forum_total_threads = ? , forum_last_poster = ? , forum_total = ? , forum_allow_attachments = ? , forum_name = ? , forum_allow_user_edit = ? , forum_attachments = ? , forum_last_id = ? , forum_sort_rank = ? , forum_style = ? , forum_move_pointer = ? , forum_allow_guest_attachments = ? , forum_new_timeout = ? , cat_id_fk = ? , forum_hard_delete = ? , forum_desc = ? , forum_edit_timeout = ? , forum_last = ? WHERE forum_id = ?' Reason: Unknown column 'forum_move_pointer' in 'field list'

• Would you have suggestions on a fix?

Thanks
    Webmaster
    http://www.e-bannerx.com

Last edited by:

fulcan: Apr 20, 2003, 6:08 AM
    Quote Reply
    Re: [fulcan] This something to ask our DBA about or...? In reply to
    Did you run the installer using the "Upgrade" option?
    Quote Reply
    Re: [Paul] This something to ask our DBA about or...? In reply to
    No, becuase as I was loading onto my new server I took the opportunity to use the new version straight out of the box.

I did not use my old templates, just made changes to the new ones that came with the install. Therefore the only thing transferred was the database.
    Webmaster
    Quote Reply
    An upgrade would have been the way to go. You would have needed to transfer all your 1.1.3 files to the new server and then run the upgrade option. The number of column changes from 1.1.3 to 1.1.8 is probably significant and so it will no work with your old database.
    Quote Reply
    Paul is right about this one - there are many added columns from 1.1.3 to 1.1.8, and the sole purpose of the upgrade script is to add these new columns and possibly tables to the database. If you want to fake the upgrade, you can manually edit GForum/Config/Data.pm, and search for 'version' - it should be 1.1.8; if you change it to 1.1.3, then run the install.cgi script again giving it your new 1.1.8 admin directory, it'll perform the database upgrades for you, and won't break anything.

Jason Rhinelander
    Gossamer Threads
    Quote Reply
    Hi Paul and Jason. Thanks for your help. I did as jason suggested and changed the ver number and did the upgrade install.

However, it looks like I am still having problems. Is there something else I have to do?

For example I was trying to update my profile and got the following error,

Quote:
  • Failed to execute query: 'SELECT user_username,user_yahoo,user_homepage,user_email,user_disp_email,user_icq,user_message_notify,user_id,user_interests,user_real_name,user_icon,user_show_user_icons,user_msn,user_signature,user_default_reply_notify,user_location,user_invisible,user_accept_privmsg,user_aim,user_occupation FROM gforum_User WHERE user_id = ? ' Reason: Unknown column 'user_show_user_icons' in 'field list'

• Do I need to manually add some changes to the tables in mysql?

Thanks
    Webmaster
    Quote Reply
    Did you get any errors in the upgrade? user_show_user_icons should have been added in the 1.1.5->1.1.6 upgrades.

Jason Rhinelander
    Gossamer Threads
    Quote Reply
    Hi Jason,

No the upgrade install was perfect.
    Webmaster
    Quote Reply
    Looks like something went wrong Unsure Can you try doing the upgrade again?

Jason Rhinelander
    Gossamer Threads
    Quote Reply
    Hi Jason here are the details from doing another upgrade

Quote:
    Performing Gossamer Forum 1.1.2 -> 1.1.3 upgrades...

Removing stale references to Ancestor table...
    Gossamer Forum 1.1.2 -> 1.1.3 upgrades performed.

Performing Gossamer Forum 1.1.3 -> 1.1.4 upgrades...

Updating cat_depth column to hidden display...
    Okay!
    Gossamer Forum 1.1.3 -> 1.1.4 upgrades performed.

Performing Gossamer Forum 1.1.4 -> 1.1.5 upgrades...

Removing extra 'min_forum_permission' tag from message_preview action
    Okay!

Gossamer Forum 1.1.4 -> 1.1.5 upgrades performed.

Performing Gossamer Forum 1.1.5 -> 1.1.6 upgrades...
    Adding column user_show_user_icons to User table...
    Could not add column user_show_user_icons: Unable to add column 'user_show_user_icons' - already exists.

Changing user_icon in admin to a text box...
    Okay!

Gossamer Forum 1.1.5 -> 1.1.6 upgrades performed.

Performing Gossamer Forum 1.1.6 -> 1.1.7 upgrades...
    Adding column post_moved to Post table...
    Could not add column post_moved: Unable to add column 'post_moved' - already exists.
    Adding column post_moved_id to Post table...
    Could not add column post_moved_id: Unable to add column 'post_moved_id' - already exists.
    Adding post_moved_id foreign key... Okay!
    Adding user_email index to User table...
    An error occured: Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE gforum_User ADD INDEX u_e (user_email)' Reason: Duplicate key name 'u_e'Adding column forum_move_pointer to Forum table...
    Could not add column forum_move_pointer: Unable to add column 'forum_move_pointer' - already exists.
    Adding column edit_reason to EditLog table...
    Could not add column edit_reason: Unable to add column 'edit_reason' - already exists.

Gossamer Forum 1.1.6 -> 1.1.7 upgrades performed.

Performing Gossamer Forum 1.1.7 -> 1.1.8 upgrades...
    Adding fileman_root_path configuration variable... Okay!
    Looking for invalid excess columns in the Post and Message tables... Okay!

Gossamer Forum 1.1.7 -> 1.1.8 upgrades performed.

From the details above everything looks to have gone ok except for maybe "Adding user_email index to User table...
    An error occured: Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE gforum_User ADD INDEX u_e (user_email)' Reason: Duplicate key name 'u_e'Adding column forum_move_pointer to Forum table...".

Otherwise all seem to be just because they already exist.

I then went to replicate the problem with modifying forums and I still get the same error message.

Quote:
  • Failed to execute query: 'UPDATE gforum_Forum SET forum_total_threads = ? , forum_last_poster = ? , forum_total = ? , forum_allow_attachments = ? , forum_name = ? , forum_allow_user_edit = ? , forum_attachments = ? , forum_last_id = ? , forum_sort_rank = ? , forum_style = ? , forum_move_pointer = ? , forum_allow_guest_attachments = ? , forum_new_timeout = ? , cat_id_fk = ? , forum_hard_delete = ? , forum_desc = ? , forum_edit_timeout = ? , forum_last = ? WHERE forum_id = ?' Reason: Unknown column 'forum_move_pointer' in 'field list'

• Do you have a copy of 1.1.3 that you can send me? What I can do is install 1.1.3 and then try the upgrade.

Thanks
    Webmaster
    Quote Reply
    Hi,

The problem seems to be here:

Adding column forum_move_pointer to Forum table...
    Could not add column forum_move_pointer: Unable to add column 'forum_move_pointer' - already exists.

Can you check the database, and see if this column really does exist? (Given the error, I'd guess that it doesn't). You should be able to fix this up by clicking "Resync Database" (Admin -> Tools -> Table Editor -> Forum -> [bottom of the page]). Then you can rerun the import, which should fix the problem (you don't need to set the version back to 1.1.3 - just back to 1.1.6 will work fine).

Jason Rhinelander
    Gossamer Threads
    Quote Reply
    Hi Jason,

Ok your solution has fixed the problem with making changes to the forum in admin, however, I have tried to make a change to my profile and got the following error.

Quote:

Failed to execute query: 'SELECT user_username,user_yahoo,user_homepage,user_email,user_disp_email,user_icq,user_message_notify,user_id,user_interests,user_real_name,user_icon,user_show_user_icons,user_msn,user_signature,user_default_reply_notify,user_location,user_invisible,user_accept_privmsg,user_aim,user_occupation FROM gforum_User WHERE user_id = ? ' Reason: Unknown column 'user_show_user_icons' in 'field list'

It seems to be missing Unknown column 'user_show_user_icons' in 'field list'. Should I try resyncing and trying from a higher version again?

Thanks - Below are the details of the upgrade if that helps.

Quote:
    Could not add column post_moved: Unable to add column 'post_moved' - already exists.
    Could not add column post_moved_id: Unable to add column 'post_moved_id' - already exists.
    An error occured: Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE gforum_User ADD INDEX u_e (user_email)' Reason: Duplicate key name 'u_e'Adding column forum_move_pointer to Forum table...
    Okay!
    Could not add column edit_reason: Unable to add column 'edit_reason' - already exists.

Webmaster

Last edited by:

fulcan: Apr 23, 2003, 4:30 AM
    Quote Reply
    Wow, strange problems happening there - it looks as though the database reported that it properly added the column, but didn't Crazy. Yeah, resyncing the User table and running the import again seems like the best way to fix this. You might also want to resync the Post table, as there's a column that was added there too. These two resyncs, and jumping back to 1.1.5 ought to do it.

This is indeed a very strange problem. Pirate

Jason Rhinelander
    Gossamer Threads
    Quote Reply
    Good news.....All seems to be working fine now. Many thanks for your help Jason.

Quote:
    Performing Gossamer Forum 1.1.5 -> 1.1.6 upgrades...
    Adding column user_show_user_icons to User table...
    Okay!

Changing user_icon in admin to a text box...
    Okay!

Gossamer Forum 1.1.5 -> 1.1.6 upgrades performed.

Okay!
    Okay!

Webmaster
    > >