Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Flaw in the banned e-mail function

Quote Reply
Flaw in the banned e-mail function
Okay actually 2 problems

First problem: If you ban an e-mail address in Admin: Setup: Users, the address is only banned by case.

Switch to the unconventional all caps, or alter the case slightly, and the registration will sail right through.

Second problem: Unrelated, but when I attempted to post this message from browser IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.xxxxxxx (patched with all the latest stuff), I got no text field with the advanced editor, had to switch to the other.
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Flaw in the banned e-mail function In reply to
Re: Second problem: Unrelated, but when I attempted to post this message from browser IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.xxxxxxx (patched with all the latest stuff), I got no text field with the advanced editor, had to switch to the other.

I'm using the same browser, same problem.

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
1.) I've fixed this in 1.2.2 to be case insensitive.
2.) There was a typo in a last minute change to one of the javascript files before I updated the site to 1.2.2. It should be fixed now.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Flaw in the banned e-mail function In reply to
Yep, that did the trick for the editor.

What else is on tap for 1.2.2.....and does this flood of 1.2.X releases indicate anything about a future 2.X release?

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Mar 3, 2004, 10:11 AM
Quote Reply
The 1.2.2 is more of a bug fix release, primarily to fix some mod_perl issues that cropped up in the 1.2.1 release, and also fixes some potential problems with the advanced editor. It has some improved member directory search capabilities, but that's pretty much it as far as new features.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com