Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Possible Idea for PM...

Quote Reply
Possible Idea for PM...
Ok, maybe this is a silly idea, but how about having a javascript box pop up alerting you that you have PM's when you get one? The thing is, a lot of people dont bother putting on the email notification, and if they dont look up where the messages section is, they wont know they have PM's Wink I know for most of us it is not a problem, but for some people (like me Tongue) I just skip past that section when visintg forum pages.

Like i said, nobody may like it, but if they do its certainly a feature i would like Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Possible Idea for PM... In reply to
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum_view_collapsed;
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Possible Idea for PM... In reply to
Hi

I believe this has been mentioned in a thread before. Personally a pop-up javascript box would be enough for me not to visit this froum ever again <g>. But that's just IMO.

I prefer my idea of displaying your inbox and outbox like another forum on top (or at the bottom) of the forum list, like webmasters-forums.com. It works great there - check the screen shot I posted attached to the other thrad on this for a screen view of how this may look.

Cheers

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Possible Idea for PM... In reply to
Yeah, that would be better. Anything that would grab my attention Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!