Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Alignment...

Quote Reply
Alignment...
Erk..just saw somthing very odd. Have a look at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum_view_collapsed;, on the 5th line down. Is this a bug?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Alignment... In reply to
Now that's strange. You forgot to close the quoting tag so you've got a duplicate <quote> tag in there which screwes it up. That's my thesis anyway. Here's a little test :-)

Quote:
this is a quote
Quote:

This is non-quoted text under an incorrect quote.

It's not a bug then, it's a syntax error by your goodself :-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Alignment... In reply to
By the way, the code I used was...

<quote>
this is quoted text
<quote>

I didn't close the quote tag but instead open another one.

Cheers

Wil

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Alignment... In reply to
Ah..I see Blush Maybe there should be something there to stop idiots like myself from doing stupid stuff like that Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Alignment... In reply to
Like, auto closing all tags at the end or something?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Alignment... In reply to
Yeah, or maybe a bit of code (perl or Javascript) that checks to see if all of the tags are closed? Unsure

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Alignment... In reply to
The logic behind that wouldn't make sense?

You could auto close tags at the end of the post if you wish but it still wouldn't help your formatting problems. The message would of been displayed the same if there was the close tags were written in at the end of the message.

What about, when you click on the button it actually writes the open and close tag into the browser window (like many other forums do). Not as sexy as what's currently there, but it would prevent any more of this.

A quick perl check though would be good. Just to check that if you've used an opening tag that you have remembered to close it. Would also be very handy for HTML enabled forums! Theyre formatting could realy screw up a whole page.

Ah, bugger it, it's good just the way it is. I like the icon changing for you to be able to hit it again for the close tag...

That closed tag check would be good on html enabled forum, though.

God I have to stop rambling.
Signing off. Long day.

Cheers

Wil

- wil