Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

document.message.msg_body_html.value

Quote Reply
document.message.msg_body_html.value
Hi,

I have just finished setting up our forum in two languages. Everything is working smoothly except for one bug that is the same in both languages. The private messages are not working. Internet explorer gives me this error message:

"document.message.msg_body_html.value is null or is not an object"

The private message will display the message editor, but clicking on the send message button does not do anything, so it is impossible to send messages. I don't have a clue why this is happening, please help.

Thank you for your time.

PS: What would it check to get a spell check in French?
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] document.message.msg_body_html.value In reply to
Sounds like you removed/modified some HTML that was required in one of the message*.html templates. Try reverting them back to the original to figure out which template it is, and then tracking the problem from there.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi,

Quote:
PS: What would it check to get a spell check in French?

All you need to do is find a dictionary file (a list of words, one per line). Then go to admin/tools and run:

perl build_dict.pl /path/to/dictionary.file

and it will create a spellchecking database out of that file. You can also use an autocorrect file which stores common mispellings. Look at admin/GT/SpellCheck/autocorrect.txt for the format of this file.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] document.message.msg_body_html.value In reply to
Thank you both for your help. I have everything running now.Smile

Alex, would this create a list of words in the database that is separated of the other language so that each template set calls it's own "dictionary"?

That would be really nice!Shocked
What would I need to know to get the french templates to call the french word list?

Last edited by:

nt6: Mar 13, 2002, 2:07 PM
Quote Reply
Quote:
All you need to do is find a dictionary file (a list of words, one per line). Then go to admin/tools and run: perl build_dict.pl /path/to/dictionary.file and it will create a spellchecking database out of that file. You can also use an autocorrect file which stores common mispellings. Look at admin/GT/SpellCheck/autocorrect.txt for the format of this file.
Alex, please allow me a few more questions. When you say "run build_dict.pl" do you mean from a browser? I tried that and the script came up as a text file (I could read it instead of it executing itself). So I understand the worldlist concept, but can not figure out how to do it myself in practice. Thank you for your precious light!
Post deleted by nt6 In reply to
Quote Reply
Alex,

What do I need to edit so that the French templates call the French spell check? Smile
Quote Reply
Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to have the spellcheck work in two different languages. Also, the spellcheck algorithm is based on the SOUNDEX algorithm and thus is geared heavily towards english. We haven't tested the spellcheck module in other languages, so how well it works is unknown.

We are considering developing a spellcheck for other languages, however I can't give you a timeframe on how long it will be before we can offer one.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com