Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Import from Phorum?

Quote Reply
Import from Phorum?
Hi,

is there a chance that there will be an option to import / convert Phorum messageboards to GForum? Or maybe migrate from PhpBB to GForum (because I've seen that there is a script that migrates Phorum boards to PhpBB boards - so that might be a way)...?

Smile

Andreas
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.archaeologie-online.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Digger] Import from Phorum? In reply to
Hi,

Possibly. Poor Adrian has been doing so many import scripts lately, he must be getting pretty tired of it. =) We currently support WWWThreads (PHP and Perl version), UBB5, UBB6, Ikonboard, and soon vBulletin.

If you can get your data into any of those formats, we can import it (and it imports pratically everything: users, categories, forums, groups, moderators, posts, attachments, subscribers, private messages, etc).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Import from Phorum? In reply to
phorum and phpBB are the 2 of the largest free php scripts out there! With XMB a close second.

ikonboard's creator has broken off to build his own IBForums.

another board would be the one from EZ

oh! ... maybe something for DISCUS too ...

so .... 5 more would do it!

Angelic

hehe... I only use gforum though!

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Import from Phorum? In reply to
/me screams, runs out of the room, and jumps off the side of the building (like a student should do)...

Adrian

Last edited by:

Jagerman: Mar 17, 2002, 4:49 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Import from Phorum? In reply to
thanks !! I needed the laugh !!!

Angelic

I had been staring at the gforum tools_stats.html.html (html view not the browser side) page for too long!
dang ... somebody hocked on matrix or something?

Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Import from Phorum? In reply to
Hi Alex,

Quote:
We currently support WWWThreads (PHP and Perl version), UBB5, UBB6, Ikonboard, and soon vBulletin.

If you can get your data into any of those formats, we can import it

I searched the web quite a time but the only possibilities I found were a script to import Phorum data into PhpBB and one that seems to import Phorum data into vBulletin - but that one is only available for download when you are a registered user of vBulletin. Crazy

Maybe there is somebody reading this who is a registered vBulletin user and who can download this script, perhaps even willing to send it to me? Wink

Andreas
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Import from Phorum? In reply to
Hi Adrian,

Shocked
Oops. I surely didn't want to trigger such a reaction with my question. Sorry for asking it Blush

... but I'm kind of stuck with that. I don't want to start the new GForum without having imported my old Phorum's message base. My hope was that there is already a possibility to achieve this.

Andreas
Quote Reply
Re: [Digger] Import from Phorum? In reply to
hehe ... don't you have to have a copy of vB to use the import scritpt?
Angelic