Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

GF a small question

Quote Reply
GF a small question
What a great program this is Alex, many thanks.

My question I want to run a list that was previously on Yahoo to be mirrored with GF - some subscribers stubborn and don't want email list posts.

Does anyone know how I can add posts from our listserver to GF - yes I know I can cut and paste but would like something where the posters name is kept.

Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: [balita] GF a small question In reply to
Hi,

We have a Mail Archive plugin that we will put up in a few days that allows Gossamer Forum to mirror a list serv. You can see a sample at:

http://gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi

I'll post more details about it later this week.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] GF a small question In reply to
Does the plugin support majordomo lists too?

LPa
Quote Reply
Good idea! Very neat. Should be redesigned, though - need to show more headers :-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Our Perl gura Celso Barriga wrote a plug-in for us and any additions added to forums we want are emailed out to a listserv (that is LSoft's Listserv) subscriber. We will set
this to me moderated so the actual message can be added or deleted before adding to the relevant list. Celso visited here last night and was impressed with GT. I personally don't know how to extract a copy of the Plug-In but I am sure if anyone wants it he would be only too pleased to make it available.

Realise that this was custom written to interact with our listserv and may not work with any othersFrown

When Alex's is released I will add it to our installation
to see how it compares with our own.

Wayne
Quote Reply
I couldn't find it or reference Alex at the URL indicated didn't know what forum to look at Frown

As you will see from another reply someone has written one to do what we need to interact with LSoft's Listserv, it may not work with Majordomo as the posting syntax if different and we had to be sure the forum posted messages did not go on an open list without moderation.

What we are now working on is a way to do it the other way roundSmile

Wayne
Quote Reply
Alex,

This sounds like the very thing I am looking for! Here's to hoping you have it finished and ready real soon.

Thank you.