Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Save unfinished new post text

Quote Reply
Save unfinished new post text
Would be fine to be able to save the post we just write.
Many times happened, that I write a longer post, and the browser or computer crashed, and the post content was lost.

I think, there should be an option like: "[x] Clicking the Preview, saves post text" on post page.
This should save the current post text, and later when user wants could continue editing of post. User could have even more saved (unfinished) posts.

I miss such feature very much from the GForum!!!

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Sep 16, 2002, 3:35 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Save unfinished new post message In reply to
I like this idea, +1 from me.

Quote:
Many times happened, that I write a longer post
Oh, I haven't noticed that before ... Wink

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Save unfinished new post text In reply to
Any plans to implement this feature?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Save unfinished new post text In reply to
Yes I think this is a good idea as well, to be able to save posts if they're not yet finished and allows for them to be completed later rather than losing everything...

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Save unfinished new post text In reply to
Yes I agree!
Add this feature to the wishlist for Gforum 2!
And also the checkbox for automatic coding of URLS in posts like in vBullettin!
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] Save unfinished new post text In reply to
Since the advanced editor translates URL's into links automatically, I tend not to notice it - however we'll add it in. While on the topic of the advanced editor (and Mac users), I've heard rumors in the wind that Mozilla 1.3 will support the contenteditable attribute that makes the advanced editor possible. I'm not sure yet how much work will be required to make the current advanced editor work with the Mozilla implementation - if it is very minor, we will probably release a 1.x update including the functionality, but in any event GForum 2 will support the advanced editor under Mozilla.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Save unfinished new post text In reply to
great! When do you plan to release the next update?
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] Save unfinished new post text In reply to
If you mean an update for the advanced editor in Mozilla 1.3 - that depends on when Mozilla 1.3 is released. Their roadmap shows an "ideal release" of February 7th - though the actual releases generally seem to be anywhere from 10-20 days after the "ideal" release date. Who knows if Netscape 6/7/8/9/+ will ever see it - they seem to be following the 1.0.x track, instead of getting any of the new functionality of Mozilla 1.1 and 1.2. Actually, I'm surprised they haven't release Netscape 8 already with exactly the same functionality of Netscape 6 and 7 - think of it, 2 web versions ahead of Microsoft!!

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Jason, you did not express your opinion about the subject.
How you like it? Do you plan to implement it in Gforum 2?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Any plans to implement this feature?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support