Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

resend email validation?

Quote Reply
resend email validation?
Hello--

I have a registered user only site that utilizes the email validation process in GF. At times, I have a user or two who say they never received an email to click and validate their account. I didn't believe them, but it has happened more to make me think that something could possibly be wrong. Is there a way verify that a validation email actually went out or is there a way to regenerate another email?

What would really be nice (possibly in v2 or a plugin for now) is that GF could be set to generate and resend unvalidated requests every X days?

Does anyone have this done or willing to do this for a fee?

Thanks,

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: [bretzke] resend email validation? In reply to
That would be a FABULOUS feature. My users don't get their welcome emails (or the resends) constantly, and it's a pain in the ass to do it manually.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ellipsiiis] resend email validation? In reply to
I have created a script for a client that runs as a cronjob that will resend validation emails to all unvalidated users.

He has allowed me to offer this script to other forum users so I'm just posting incase you are interested in something like this.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 18, 2003, 8:38 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] resend email validation? In reply to
That would be great, thanks.

Realiiity.com Forums

Last edited by:

ellipsiiis: Mar 18, 2003, 11:50 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [bretzke] resend email validation? In reply to
GForum actually has a resend email validation action, so you dont need a plugin.

here's the code I use... I just added it to the user profile template, but you could add it to the main category_list template as well if you wanted. This form just targets the resend_validation action.

Code:

<%if user_val_code%>
<form method="post" action="<%script_name%>">
<%hidden_form%>
<input type="hidden" name="do" value="resend_validation">
<input type="hidden" name="user_username" value="<%user_username%>">

<br><div class=txt style="border: 1px solid red; padding: 5px;">
<strong class=err>IMPORTANT</strong>: Your Christianity.com Forums account has not yet been validated. Your account needs to be validated
before you are given posting priviledges in our public forums. You can request to have your validation code resent if you never recieved a validation email or have accidentally deleted it.
<br>
<br>
<input class="submit" type="submit" value="Resend Validation Code"><br>

</div>
</form>
<%endif%>
--
Christianity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [joet] resend email validation? In reply to
Quote:
This form just targets the resend_validation action.

Yep that's what this script does. It's pretty much the same idea as what you have but it sends the emails to all non validated users automatically.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] resend email validation? In reply to
I am interested in this too.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins