Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
ETA?
I know- I am being a bit over anxious. But after all this time, to see version 2 up has me chomping at the bit! So, do we have an approximate ETA for a final on 2.0?

Will we be having preliminary Beta releases like we did in the last version of Links?
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] ETA? In reply to
Hi dave:

The beta release on our support forums helped us in uncovering some things. So, at the moment we're doing style adjustments and fixing some issues on the user side of GForum 2. Once that's complete, our focus will need to shift to finishing the admin side - which is a complete overhaul of the original GForum admin, if you haven't seen it already.

Another reason why it's taking a bit longer than anticipated is because we're working on finishing up Fileman v3.0 and a minor update to Gossamer Community (implementing the Luna templates). These things are very close to completion and we want to make a push to get them out of the way.

Lastly, there will definitely be beta releases of GForum 2.
Quote Reply
Re: [gt-ian] ETA? In reply to
Ian:

Great- thanks! I have a LOT of work to make over the templates to my "style", so betas are good for me...

Looking forward to the final!
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Looking forward to it - just not looking forward to having to re-write loads of my GForum plugins to work with it LOL! Shocked

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
as you are also working on "GT-Community", it would be great if you could improve it in a way that "multiple-languages" can be used.
I guess many words have been hard-coded, etc. so far and it was quite difficult to translate the user-interface from english into german language.

Many thanks,

Erich
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] ETA? In reply to
We are working on the user side templates for Community. Can you give me some examples of where the words are hard-coded?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] ETA? In reply to
well, I am not using G-Community anymore and it is a few years ago since I worked with it..... so not sure I do remember which wording was hard-coded.

I guess I remember I wanted to change the "security-questions" to some different questions, etc.
like from "what is your mothers name" to "what is the name of your pet" ?

Anyway, would be great if all wording would be flexible to alter.

Erich
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] ETA? In reply to
Taking a look at the configuration's file history, it looks like those questions have always been in the config file, so they weren't ever hard coded. I'll keep my eye out for any other bits that are hard coded though.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] ETA? In reply to
I just bought a very nice domain for a specific niche I am targeting.
For this domain I am planning to set-up the Gossamer-Forum in german language.

I am looking forward for Gossamer-Forum to be finished soon......

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year

Erich
Quote Reply
Hi Ian,

I just noticed your YouTube-videos within your Forum-profile.
I clicked on the "play"-button, but nothing is happening.......

Any clue where the issue is coming from ?

Thanks,

Erich