Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Notify Moderators about every new posting

Quote Reply
Notify Moderators about every new posting
Hi,

how can the Forum notify any moderator about every new posting in there moderated forum?

Any moderator should have a quickly response.

Is there an easy way to do it?
Quote Reply
Re: [eoeser] Notify Moderators about every new posting In reply to
Out of curiousity why would want an email for any new thread?
If your forum is a busy one that is a lot of emails. You may have a specific need given the type of forum - there may be more than one idea to help you with the need. Maybe you could share a little more around the reasoning?

Herpeton
VegPeople.com

Quote Reply
Re: [herpeton] Notify Moderators about every new posting In reply to
hi Herpeton,
it's been solved, I wrote my own subscribe.pm, which can handle various types of subscriptions as replacement of Gossamer's.

to satisfy your curiosity:

Some moderators are experts and some users are VIP-User. If any VIP-User posts a question, some expert should reply immediately.

I know, that I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Ah - makes sense. Glad you found a solution.
I just noticed that recently a lot here has gone unanswered so I thought I would poke around on the recent threads and see if I could help out a few folks.

Best of luck to you.

Herpeton
VegPeople.com

Quote Reply
Hmmm...do you have anything that would inform the admin when a user edits their post? We have a lot of people who post, what seems to be legitimate questions, but then they come back and post links to their websites.
Quote Reply
Re: [soaringesq] Notify Moderators about every new posting In reply to
my solution to this,

My own subscribe.pl sends out mails when the postings are mature. This meens the postings are send out, if the time to edit is over.

Time to edit/delete posts is set to 10 minutes for our most forums.

I know, that I know nothing.
Quote Reply
We do not want to limit the edit time since some of our experts may not get to a question within a certain period of time. If we make the edit time set to 24 hours, this gives the user a lot of time to post and then go back in and edit without our knowledge that they are editing. I want to be notified if a user has edited their post, the same way I use the plugin that emails the admin with each new user signup and each new post. Is there any way to get the program to also email the admin when a user has edited his post??