Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

cat_path error using url rewrites

Quote Reply
cat_path error using url rewrites
after i log in i noticed all the urls in our forum are coded with this error:

error:%20Variable%20'cat_path'%20is%20not%20a%20code%20referenceError:%20Variable%20'escape_name'%20is%20not%20a%20code%20reference_F5/

this is displayed after I log into the forum and the forum directs you to this page.
/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?login_attempt=1&

any ideas on fixing this?
Quote Reply
Re: [carminejg3] cat_path error using url rewrites In reply to
Looks like someone used the wrong variable or template code on that. What's the template code in that template? I believe it's using 'escape_name' instead of 'escape_url'.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] cat_path error using url rewrites In reply to
i changed the line in the template from escape_name to escape_url, now im getting this error.

C1/Error:%20Variable%20'escape_url'%20is%20not%20a%20code%20reference_F8/

and the base rewruting of the url gives this error above. The escape_url error comes after someone loges in.

Last edited by:

carminejg3: Aug 4, 2008, 8:20 PM
Quote Reply
What's the whole <%...%> tag?

Adrian
Quote Reply
thast chopped out of the address bar. here is the line from my category_list.html template:

<b><a href="<%cat_path($cat_id)%><%escape_name($forum_name)%>_F<%forum_id%>/"><%forum_name%></a></b><br>
Quote Reply
Oh, that's the search engine template. That's how it should be (not escape_url). Make sure you have the globals.txt in the template directory and that it has the escape_name sub in there.

Adrian
Quote Reply
sorry forgot to mention its the search engine templates. I copied a global text file from another set of templates and it seemed to have fixed this error i was having.

Thanks for pointing out that the global file was involved.