Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Author name un-clickable

Quote Reply
Author name un-clickable
Hi

The author name is unclickable in the message list window?

It used to be, now it's gone again.

Cheers

Wil

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Author name un-clickable In reply to
Yeah, I noticed that. I thought it was a new feature Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
It'll be fixed later today

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Author name un-clickable In reply to
Do you ever get to go to sleep, Jason?!!

Keep up the good work!

Wil

- wil
Quote Reply
Yeah, and it seems I went to sleep before I had a chance to update the site Wink

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Good for you!

You should have an in-house doctor over there at GT! It seems that you all work around the clock!

Actually, that's a thought. Do you all work from the main office? Or do you work remotely? Just wondering if time difference had anything to do with GT's ever exisiting presence? Or you could just take it in shifts to sleep ;-)

Cheers

Wil

- wil
Quote Reply
Well, most of us work from home when we aren't in the office, but I bet you'd have trouble getting ahold of anyone between 2AM and 9AM PST Wink

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Ah right. I just wondered if you actually had a central office, or in this day and age everyone worked remotely all the time.

- wil
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yes, we have a central office, we have the 9th floor of the Sun Tower (http://www.seevancouverheritage.com/vhr/vhr01/vhr01.htm) in downtown vancouver, once the tallest building in the british empire. =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
I don't think I've ever seen an example where having individual employees working remotely actually works. It's too easy for the remote working to abuse the system and not work, and there is no easy way for the boss to check up on them. Of course, people still abuse the system in a central office - but someone, if not the boss himself, usually notices and tells the boss. So, you see, working remotely might be a death wish...

Hmmm, the way these threads splinter off is amazing... I'm seriously thinking about a "Detach thread" feature.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Author name un-clickable In reply to
Downtown vancouver looks a little less busy than I'd expect.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Author name un-clickable In reply to
Thanks for that bit of history, Alex! Looks like a nice place to work!

Jason; I totally agree with you on that point. Working remotely is a bad idea at the moment. It's just not practical enough to implament. However, variations on this could be interesting. A semi-day off, where you would be allowed to stay at home, but had to put in 5 hours through the virtual office. That would be interesing.

A detatch thread idea? Hmm. I thought of a better solution. Like usenet... once you change the message subject, it automatically detaches itself, and creates a new thread. If users didn't understand this 'feature' it would get rather confusing though!

- wil
Quote Reply
That wasn't actually a 'better' idea. It was just a suggestion on how to implament your idea. <g>.

- wil