Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

New version

Quote Reply
New version
Hi everyone,

I've upgrade the site (the one you're on) with the latest version of Gossamer Forum, v0.9.5. We'll give it a day or so of testing here, then if all is well, we will release it to the masses.

If you encounter any bugs, please report them back to us in the Gossamer Forum -> Bugs forum.

This version has several enhancements, the most noticeable being a major speed speedup.

Let us know what you think.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] New version In reply to
okay.. the word wrapping sucks. :-) at least put a "-" so broken words fit back together. second, markup does not get parsed.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFreak] New version In reply to
Word wrapping? Where does it do word wrapping? Let's do a test (something from a textbook I had in beside me):
A type is either an atomic type with a name or a procedure type with a list of argument types and a result type. Using named atomic types enables us to add new atomic types later. The procedure expand-type-expression converts type expressions to types in the obvious way. Our checker calls expand-type-expression whenever we convert from something syntactic (that is, something from the abstract syntax tree) to something we want to analyze.

Or did you mean:
foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] New version In reply to
The markup seems to work. I looked at the source, and I see a <p style="word-break: break-all">
Is that what you mean? We fixed it so wide posts don't screw up all the posts too Smile

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] New version In reply to
yeah.,.. that's what I'm talking about... but it's really annoying to try to read and find all these broken words/stranded letters. In my post above, the word "parsed" got "parse" at the end of one line, and "d" at the start of the next. this is would be perfectly nice if there was a "-" in there. otherwise, it just looks like a bunch of typos and is a very hard to read. other than that, I really like full justification. Does CSS have the option to add that in there?

When you make posts, the markup in the message being replied to does not get parsed. Maybe it's always done that, but I've never noticed it before.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFreak] New version In reply to
I didn't see it because I was using Mozilla Tongue Changed to Windows, and looked at it in IE and noticed it... my bad. Actually, I'd rather it not break up words like that even if it put '-'s between it. That for sure needs to be changed. I wonder (*cough*jason-go-test-it*cough*) if it's the CSS screwing it up, or something else.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Who's responsible for the dodgy HTML on the main page Angelic

Looks like you just squidged up the moderator column and didn't actually remove it as I can still see the edge.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] New version In reply to
and now it doesn't say who the moderators are anywhere!

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] New version In reply to
Hmmm, well take that up with Alex, he suggested removing the moderator column Unsure

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Under moderator usernames on the left it has their status like "Member" or "Veteran" etc....if that could be changed to "Moderator" then we can do wihtout the moderator column.

eg on the left I see:

User: RedRum
Title: Veteran
Views: 1
Post #: 10 of 10

Date Posted:
Oct 23, 2001, 6:47 PM

So maybe it could be changed to:

User: RedRum
Title: Moderator/Veteran
Views: 1
Post #: 10 of 10

Date Posted:
Oct 23, 2001, 6:47 PM

.or something .....just MO.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Oct 23, 2001, 10:49 AM
Quote Reply
One other very useful new feature is an option on what to do after posting - you can return directly to the forum, to your post, or still go to a confirmation page.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Doesnt work though :(
Quote Reply
Works for me - did you change it in your profile?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
4 times :(
Quote Reply
Eeep, I see the problem, it happens when replying... Let me fix that up...

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Hmm I just changed it to return me directly to the forum and it says permission denied after posting.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Oct 23, 2001, 10:58 AM
Quote Reply
Woooo

Works now thanks :)

Could the current option being used be selected in the profile rather than always defaulting to "go to confirmation page" because it makes you think you didn't update properly.
Quote Reply
Hmmm could "return directly to post" take you directly back to your post rather than the top of the thread?
Quote Reply
Yeah, I noticed this and fixed it.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Hmmm, I'll see if I can rig something up...

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
If only I knew which post you were referring to I'd say thanks....lol

Reply with quote for next release Angelic?

Quote Reply
Quote:
Reply with quote for next release

Or switch to threaded view?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] New version In reply to
In Reply To:
Quote:
Reply with quote for next release

Or switch to threaded view?

Cheers,

Alex

Ahhhh I see reply with quote was added....cool!
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Works for me - did you change it in your profile?

doh looked all over the profile areas ... WHERE is it ???

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] New version In reply to
Much faster than the pervious version.Sly