Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

help - can not uninstall/remove! :(

Quote Reply
help - can not uninstall/remove! :(
GT doesnt want me to remove the forum software :(

--------------

ok.. I installed, had a look around... looks good... but im going to switch to phpbb2 ...

and i would like to remove gtforums... when i try this (with ws_ftp) i get a permission denied... any idea why? ive tried changing the permissions.. but allow me to (can chmod other, non gtforums related files , with no problem ....

thanks,

Warp.

Quote Reply
Re: [Warp] help - can not uninstall/remove! :( In reply to
permissions are set to something like 550 .... which means OUCH!

cpanel wouldn't erase the files for me either .....

looks like you gotta get you sys-admin to do it Unsure

just wondering why phpBB2 ?

hehe ... I like that system too ... and they got a portal in the works too. I decided g-forum though.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] help - can not uninstall/remove! :( In reply to
im a bit worried they may end up banning GT... they have already outlawed ib3 ... as they found it used way too much resources (ib3 was using mysql at the time)

and im seeing many others giving phpbb2 a go... switching from ib3 to that for different reasons.. i use ikonboard on selpaw.com with no problem... just this other host... mmmmm

might give gt forums another go later on...

phpbb2 takes some getting use to! (and same with gt...could be why i gave it a quick look) - so use to the way how ib3 works.. heh!

ok.. ill contact my admin....

thanks,

Warp.

Last edited by:

Warp: Jan 28, 2002, 5:54 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Warp] help - can not uninstall/remove! :( In reply to
Hi,

The other option is to install FileMan 2, it can remove files installed as the web user.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] help - can not uninstall/remove! :( In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi,

The other option is to install FileMan 2, it can remove files installed as the web user.

Cheers,

Alex

Alex, I downloaded and installed FileMan2 - however it has Javsscript errors... in IE6 (win2k)

and in Mozilla the javalinks do not work when u click on them :(

IE6 error message:
Line: 517
Char 5
Error: Object expected
Code: 0

Warp.