Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

User count....

Quote Reply
User count....
Mmmm...I just deleted a post from the Links 2 customization forum. I checked my profile before deleting it (I already had a post in it). The post stuck at 5061, instead of going down. Is it me, or is this a bug? (has it been addressed before?)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] User count.... In reply to
You have still made the post - the fact you deleted it doesn't mean you have made one less post.

I could make 100 posts and delete them all but my post count should still be 100.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] User count.... In reply to
But thats silly Unsure If I make a post, and then delete it, why should my count stay? If someone did a search for the number of posts I have made, and it comes up with 5000, but in fact my count says 5061, wouldn't that confuse a user? Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] User count.... In reply to
>>
If I make a post, and then delete it, why should my count stay?
<<

Like I said above, you still made the post whether you deleted it or not.

>>
If someone did a search for the number of posts I have made, and it comes up with 5000, but in fact my count says 5061, wouldn't that confuse a user?
<<

I think you are the only person that has been confused by it so far :)

The search results are counting the existing posts, whereas your profile counts every post you've ever made.
Quote Reply
Welp, its still confusing if you look into it too deep Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
>>
If someone did a search for the number of posts I have made, and it comes up with 5000, but in fact my count says 5061, wouldn't that confuse a user?
<<

I think you are the only person that has been confused by it so far :)

It's been reported before, but my reasoning is essentially what Paul said. Besides, even if it was decremented when a post is deleted, it could still appear off because the search won't return posts from forums that you don't have access to.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] User count.... In reply to
And posts that have been purged passed a certain date? ...

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] User count.... In reply to
Quote:
, it could still appear off because the search won't return posts from forums that you don't have access to.

True. This is something I noticed when I had posts in the 'mods' forum, but didn't have access to it Crazy

Just thought I would report it, in case it was a genuine bug ;)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk