Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Revalidate e-mail on address change

Quote Reply
Revalidate e-mail on address change
I'd like to take this opportunity to request the following feature:

Validation of new e-mail address when the user changes their private address in edit user profile.

2.0 in 2004? You could print campaign buttons Tongue

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Revalidate e-mail on address change In reply to
I have added this feature to my User.pm in sub profile, added a new sub revalidate_email_change. It was not hard for me to do. All it does is check to see if they changed their email, gets the old email for check, if the email changed it will reset the forum validation to "not validated" and send an email message to "revalidate"

It would be nice to see the feature added by GF in next upgrade so I don't have to add that code agin. I will share my code with GF if requested, but since it involves a little more than just a "find and replace", I probably should not post it here.

I have also added a banned email check feature, duplicate mail check, a better image upload that actually resizes the image upon upload instead of keeping a large file and only displaying it small(uses image magick and saves them all as gifs).

I have also modified to just send the actual password as a password reminder instead of temporary password using email address as the user input, but this requires using clear text passwords in the database.

I also added a whole sub remind_password so admin can send password reminders from user admin search

----------
Michael J. Challis - CRUZN8R - PT Cruiser Club - http://www.ptcruiserclub.org

http://www.ptcruiserclub.org/forum

Last edited by:

CRUZN8R: Dec 19, 2003, 12:49 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [CRUZN8R] Revalidate e-mail on address change In reply to
It sounds like you've recently done ...just what WE need to do.

I'm very interested in many of the features you just mentioned.

I archive a mail list and would love to add 'filters' to the messages as they come in via mailarc to strip out footers and ads etc. (yes I have a marker in every email as a footer as I can control 'some' of what's there)
Quote Reply
Re: [CRUZN8R] Revalidate e-mail on address change In reply to
In Reply To:
It would be nice to see the feature added by GF in next upgrade so I don't have to add that code agin. I will share my code with GF if requested, but since it involves a little more than just a "find and replace", I probably should not post it here.

Contact me about this by e-mail, jason@gossamer-threads.com - I'll certainly consider adding the changes to the next version.

In Reply To:
... a better image upload that actually resizes the image upon upload instead of keeping a large file and only displaying it small(uses image magick and saves them all as gifs).

The problem with this is that Image Magick is by no means a standard module, and I've also encountered problems where just _loading_ Image::Magick will cause Perl to segfault under high memory usage. However, as an optional feature that can be enabled/disabled through a setup variable, this is a very nice feature to have.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Revalidate e-mail on address change In reply to
I have emailed you zip file of some of my User mods for GForum 1.2.0 incase you want to consider them for a future version.

Thanks

Michael J. Challis - CRUZN8R

----------
Michael J. Challis - CRUZN8R - PT Cruiser Club - http://www.ptcruiserclub.org

http://www.ptcruiserclub.org/forum
Quote Reply
for unix at least (I don't know if the win version works) net::pbm is a lower overhead routine. The resize filters are fairly small. Unlike Image::Magick, I've been able to load/compile them on every machine I've had.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Wink Just wondering when you will release the new Gforum with all those nice futures?
And another q:
How can I upload an images in to the forum so they are displayed as images and not as attachments? The only way I know is to right click on the attachment and copy the URL and then modify the post and post this URL when requested for an image. Is there some better way to do this? I would like to set up my forum so people can easy upload images.

http://www.forum.ufoseek.com/gforum.cgi?post=59#59

Last edited by:

modifier: Jan 5, 2005, 1:01 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [modifier] Revalidate e-mail on address change In reply to
In Reply To:
How can I upload an images in to the forum so they are displayed as images and not as attachments? The only way I know is to right click on the attachment and copy the URL and then modify the post and post this URL when requested for an image. Is there some better way to do this? I would like to set up my forum so people can easy upload images.

Gossamer Forum 1.2.1 introduced "inline" attachments - these attachments don't show up in the attachment list of a post, but are still there and can be included as images by using: [inline attachment_filename.jpg] in the basic editor, and through the insert image function of the advanced editor - the selection only shows up if you've checked the "Inline" box for attachments.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Ok thanks. I think it’s little too complicated, I would not figure this out by my self as the first time user.