Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Quote button pulling reply tags

Quote Reply
Quote button pulling reply tags
In an attempt to change the styling of our quote and reply boxes in the markup on dropzone.com, we did a bit of changes to the markup- adding some CSS to it.

Though now, for some reason - the 'Quote' link in the post_display template is bringing up the reply box with the tags:

[reply.]**post content**[/reply.]

Instead of the quote tags.

I've taken a look at the GUI.pm file and it seems to be consistent with our other site where it's working correctly. The markup itself has also been reverted back while trying to fix this.

I've also taken a look at the include_post_display template, and the code looks like this:

Code:

<%GForum::GUI::draw(
draw => post_display_options,
separator => " | ",
edit => "Edit",
delete => "Delete",
cant_post => "Can't Post",
quote => "Quote",
reply => "Reply",
a_attribs => ""
)%>

Which seems to be correct.

I can't figure out why it's pulling through the reply tags as opposed to the quote tags.

Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by:

meso: May 6, 2013, 1:52 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [meso] Quote button pulling reply tags In reply to
Just an update on this. I've managed to eliminate the possibility of it being a template issue. So this is obviously coming from a global settings, which makes it more unusual, since we never changed any of the global files.

For a more concise update on the situation:

The 'quote' links in the post_display.html templates are populating the include_post_common_write area with [reply] and [/reply] instead of [quote] and [/quote] as it should.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm, GForum::GUI::draw() is actually the bit that makes the

Quote:
Edit | Delete | Reply

etc...bar at the top of the posts. I can't remember the exact tag for showing the post - but check how you call <%post_body%> (I think thats the name.. but been a while since I've used GForum =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Quote button pulling reply tags In reply to
Hey Andy,

Yup, that's the bit that's causing the problem. When one clicks on the quote from the Edit | Delete | Quote | Reply bar at the top of the post, that's when it populates it with the wrong tags.

The quote buttons in the editor work fine, it's just when one clicks on the quote button on the actual post that it's causing the issue. I figured it may be a problem on the template level so I tested an untouched template and the same thing. So it's definitely in one of the globals...

The locations that I could think of would be the GUI.pm, data.pm or post.cgi/pm(?)

May need to log a ticket with this one...
Quote Reply
Ah ok - can you PM/email me a sample login + URL , so I can have a look?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Quote button pulling reply tags In reply to
Just thought I would update this - it was a bit of a weird one... but a mod_perl reboot helped :) (and its all ok now)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk