Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Problem with community/forums user sync.

Quote Reply
Problem with community/forums user sync.
I've had community and forums working together before.. i just noticed an issue.. when I try to log in as a normal user, it shows with the community that I log in successfully, even lets me click on edit account settings and it will pull up my settings, but when I go to GForum it shows i haven't logged in. Furthermore there is a higher number of users showing in my community admin than on my forums page... the GForums application is configured in community...

I've also noticed in the user admin on the community side, my personal user account shows no signup IP and for applications in the forum status it shows not created, even though my account has worked in the forums before

does that make sense?

what could the issue be?

Last edited by:

kevin922: Jan 18, 2008, 6:29 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [kevin922] Problem with community/forums user sync. In reply to
Hi,

Long shot - but check your "cookie domain" in Settings. Think its in Setup > User Options > user_cookie_domain (at least it in in GLinks, so I would imagine its pretty similar in other GT scripts).

Make sure it has a value of .yourdomain.com

Check the same kind of thing in GComm.

Hope that helps (long shot, but worth a try :))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Well i've made a little progress, when I went into the applications it shows all the users are not registered, when I go to enable/disable users, tell it enable everyone it craps out after about 30 users stating errors about fields that can not be left blank that are evidentally blank (such as signup ip), address, city, state...

any way to just force the import?
Quote Reply
Hi,

The applications in GLinks, or GComm? I'm trying to remember how we did our one when setting up (similar situation to you, and I seem to remember we had some issues with setting it up all right).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Problem with community/forums user sync. In reply to
The applications in GCommunity.. the application itself is GForum.. i've even confirmed in the forums admin that some of these fields are set to "Not Null" = No, meaning they can be null (address for instance).

Last edited by:

kevin922: Jan 18, 2008, 7:05 AM
Quote Reply
Ok, one more update.. I found out the "not null" was yes on the community side, so I fixed that.. now the only hangup is for some reason there are numerous accounts with no signup IP and it won't import those.. how can I force it to import those??
Quote Reply
Hi,

I don't mind taking a look if you want to email / PM me your GComm admin login.

Can't really work out if its just something you're doing wrong, or something a bit deeper.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
kevin922 wrote:
Ok, one more update.. I found out the "not null" was yes on the community side, so I fixed that.. now the only hangup is for some reason there are numerous accounts with no signup IP and it won't import those.. how can I force it to import those??
So those accounts are imported into GComm, but just without an IP?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

kevin922 wrote:

If the problem you are having is what I think, this post should help:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...?post=296721#p296721

Basically, it lets you set the comm_signup_ip to 127.1.1.1 (basic localhost IP) - so GComm doesn't complain Smile

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
yep that fixed it.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Hi,

Great to hear Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk