Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Problem with Quote in 1.2.2

Quote Reply
Problem with Quote in 1.2.2
Hi:

Not sure if it is a bug in 1.2.2, or my own error, but...

when quoting a previous post, this is the result:

<span contenteditable="false"><table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%"><!--reply--><tr><td width="2%"><hr width="100%" noshade size="1" color="#A1A576"></td><td width="10%" align=center><font size=1 face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">In&nbsp;Reply&nbsp;To</font></td><td width="87%"><hr width="100%" noshade color="#A1A576" size=1></td></tr></table></span><div style="margin-left: 30px">There we go.... not too bad. Down about 15 minutes, and we are back up and running!

let me know if you spot any problems I have missed!</div><span contenteditable="false"><table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%"><!--/reply--><tr><td><hr width="100%" noshade size=1 color="#A1A576"></td></tr></table></span>

If this is my own error, where did I go wrong????
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] Problem with Quote in 1.2.2 In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi:

Not sure if it is a bug in 1.2.2, or my own error, but...

when quoting a previous post, this is the result:

<span contenteditable="false"><table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%"><!--reply--><tr><td width="2%"><hr width="100%" noshade size="1" color="#A1A576"></td><td width="10%" align=center><font size=1 face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">In&nbsp;Reply&nbsp;To</font></td><td width="87%"><hr width="100%" noshade color="#A1A576" size=1></td></tr></table></span><div style="margin-left: 30px">There we go.... not too bad. Down about 15 minutes, and we are back up and running!

let me know if you spot any problems I have missed!</div><span contenteditable="false"><table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%"><!--/reply--><tr><td><hr width="100%" noshade size=1 color="#A1A576"></td></tr></table></span>

If this is my own error, where did I go wrong????

OK, just did a test on this forum, does not seem to be happening here, so I guess I made the error happen....

any ideas how to fix?
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
I am correct in assuming you mean the literal HTML is being displayed on the page, instead of the Horizton line? Have you made any modifications to 'common' templates? There could be some problems there. Also a possibility is that the value of the 'reply' tag has been somehow HTML escaped. Take a look in the GForum/Config/Data.pm file, and look for 'reply' (with the quotes). It should contain a value of:

Code:
[
'<span contenteditable="false"><table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="100%"><!--reply--><tr><td width="2%"><hr width="100%" noshade size="1" color="#A1A576"></td><td width="10%" align=center><font size=1 face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">In&nbsp;Reply&nbsp;To</font></td><td width="87%"><hr width="100%" noshade color="#A1A576" size=1></td></tr></table></span><div style="margin-left: 30px">',
'Text Block',
'1'
]

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Problem with Quote in 1.2.2 In reply to
J-Man:

Yes, you assume correctly... the code and all is printed out, just like above.

If I use the quote botton (or "Re:" or "Code") within a reply, it works fine... only posts all the code as above when you choose "Quote" insttead of "Reply" when responding to a post...

Quote:

Have you made any modifications to 'common' templates?

Yes, but none recently. I re-uploaded all my previous templates after the upgrade...
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
1.2.1 had some mandatory 'common' changes - are you sure you copied everything over correctly?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Problem with Quote in 1.2.2 In reply to
I had thought I had- those are detailed in your announcement, right? (I know I saw them somewhere).

I will go over those tonight. Thanks!
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
They're described in the sticky thread in this forum.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads