Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Print Thread

Quote Reply
Print Thread
I've forgotten if I have mentioned this or not before.

Is there going to be a 'Print Thread' button or something, where you can hit the button and the forum will churn up printer-friendly pages, black text, white background, no tables etc. etc.

Has this been discussed? If not, is there a spossibility of seeing this? Maybe in a future release?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Print Thread In reply to
I mentioned this once, but does anybody really ever use this option? It's like a stop watch function for all those smaller apps that people build into clock programs ... easy to add but just an extra function that nobody or very few use.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Print Thread In reply to
Handy for printing out lines of code, instructions on how to use a program, setting up links etc.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Print Thread In reply to
gonna be a pain here ... Smile

umm, but most threads don't have that ! sure a a thread here or there about a mod in progress ... but what do you do when a thread covers 3-4 pages depending on your settings in the profile. I change out from 25 per page to 50 ... hehe, to get the whole thread you might have to go higher.

it's a good idea, so don't get me wrong, I'm just wondering how many people use this option ... Angelic

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Print Thread In reply to
A lot of forum systems do offer this function including VBulletin. Frankly, I am printing threads quite often and therefore believe it is a splendid idea.
Quote Reply
Re: [Tho.mas] Print Thread In reply to
I think this would be a great idea also.

It's not as easy anymore to just do a CTRL-A to copy and CTRL-P to paste a thread into a text editor.

I sure miss being able to do that as I reference threads in my FAQ. The ouput when highlighting to copy is much less compact than it used to be :(

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] Print Thread In reply to
Yep. It would extremly handy to be able to output a 'raw' copy of a message. As you mentioned; you could then save/print with ease.

- wil