Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Post and message toolbar errors

Quote Reply
Post and message toolbar errors
Hi. I have another error coming up frequently;

When i try to format the text (for example making it bold), a debugging menu comes up saying:

Run time error

Line 722

The object does not accept this property or method.

What can I do to fix this?
Quote Reply
Re: [ecamty] Post and message toolbar errors In reply to
What version of IE are you using? That error is very strange - it sounds like something broken in the Javascript for the advanced editor, but we've thoroughly tested it with both IE 5.5 and IE 6.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Post and message toolbar errors In reply to
IE 6...

What can I do to correct this?
Quote Reply
Have you customized any templates? It could be that something critical was removed, and causing the error.

Can you send me a URL and a username / password to log in to your forum to test it out?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
That is very odd - it is working properly for me on your site. Does the error occur consistently? If not, can you tell me the sequence of events that causes the error to come up?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Post and message toolbar errors In reply to
I just write something... then select a word and press the bold button... and it gives me an error message (line 724)

It doesnt work for me, and I asked some friends to try and test this at their pcs, and they got the same problem. I dont know why. Im running windows XP, IE 6.

Could it be that my windows is in spanish? I have Interactivetools´ article manager with that kind of toolbar, but it works properly... im not sure if that helps to know.

Last edited by:

ecamty: Sep 16, 2002, 11:55 AM