Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Poll Plug-in question

Quote Reply
Poll Plug-in question
My Forums and main Links SQL server are in separate machines, so I can not make SSI calls to include a poll in my home page, is there any other method to include a poll from the forums and include it in other server running Links SQL?
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] Poll Plug-in question In reply to
You could use an <iframe> to include the poll.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Poll Plug-in question In reply to
That is browser dependant, I was thinking in a more clean solution, like the ones you use with ColdFusion CFGET or Perl, LWP:Simple
Quote Reply
See the following:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=235615#235615

You'll just have to change the URL to the poll.
Quote Reply
Thanks guys, very helpful.

I was playing with the SSI method and I can
only see the poll questions, I don't seem to be
able to pull results using SSI. any hack to do it?

I would like to make an SSI call but to see results instead of just the options (questions) to my poll.

Thanks,
Quote Reply
That's actually a good point.

It's not possible to display the results through SSI at the moment, but that might be an addition for the next version (which comes out...at some point I guess).

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Ok yogi, here's an idea:

I'm planning to call the SSI method using the perl
LWP function using a global. I was thing on parsing an argument (the same way I do it with links SQL) where I can send a string in the URL like this search.cgi?test=2 then in the template I can as <%if test eq '2'%> based on the answer I present specific data. I plan to modify the SSI template and include a condition so I can show diferents sets of data (using tags in the include results template)

Problem is that the Forums does not accept arguments in the URL string as the search.cgi in Links SQL does.