Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Paypal IPN not working right

Quote Reply
Paypal IPN not working right
Quote:
I tried again. This time, after the payment it refreshed me right to the forum main page (without giving me the page not found screen or an error). I logged out then back in...

I went to the admin panel and I wasn't added to the right group.

So something still isn't working quite right.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ellipsiiis] Paypal IPN not working right In reply to
Ah, I just discovered another problem with the PayPal/WorldPay donations causing them to not work quite right. I'll update with a fix shortly.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Paypal IPN not working right In reply to
When you do, could you possibly post just the modified files here-- it takes forever to upload and do the whole package upgrade again.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Okay, they're attached. I also noticed another problem - a warning appears on the donation page (and signup page) about not being under HTTPS - but the warning shouldn't be there unless using the Authorize.Net and/or Moneris direct methods. The three .pm files fix the donation problem (admin/GForum/Payment.pm, admin/GForum/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm, and admin/GForum/Payment/Remote/WorldPay.pm), the three templates (all in admin/templates/default) fix the other problem I found.

This release is not going quite as smoothly as I'd hoped. Pirate

Edit: Removed attachments as some have become out-of-date.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads

Last edited by:

Jagerman: May 27, 2003, 12:17 PM
Quote Reply
Do you know of anyway to test this without getting an actual donation?

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
PayPal's "official" way to test is to make a real donation, then immediately go into your sellers account and refund the payment (which also refunds any transaction fees). I tested just now by making a $0.17 donation, with groups set up for 5, 10, 15, and 20 cents - it worked properly (I went into 5, 10, and 15, but not 20). I then logged in to the seller account and refunded the transaction.

Edit: Keep in mind, you can't make payments to yourself; you have to have two accounts - one seller, and one buyer (which, PayPal assures, you are permitted to do under the PayPal license agreement).

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads

Last edited by:

Jagerman: May 24, 2003, 11:24 PM
Quote Reply
Okay, with Perlex off, and everything set up and seeming to work appropriately, the user who donated still was not added to the appropriate group, and the payment does not show up in the log in admin, nor is it in the paymentlog table. It IS listed in the payment table with this info:
395c0268f1bbd905,11557,0,N/A,1,0,1,N/A,1053909643,1053909643

as are all the other test donations.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Is the PayPal IPN enabled and set up to post to your gforum.cgi?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Yes, except that in our case it's forums.cgi

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
I'm getting my threads confused...

I do get listings in the Admin for the refunds of the test donations, just not the donations themselves.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Edit: I was wrong about this; the "return" variable on the page has nothing to do with the IPN postback - it is simply the URL users are directed to after completing a payment.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads

Last edited by:

Jagerman: May 26, 2003, 3:22 PM
Quote Reply
Just to confuse the threads a little more - how are you able to make test donations with the Net::SSLeay error?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
The error is only when I'm using PerlEx... I have it off for the time being to test.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
I had already changed it to forums.cgi

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
For those watching, this has been tracked down to an issue that occurs when using two or more e-mail addresses on your PayPal account, and sending your payments to one of the addresses _other_ than the primary one. A fix for this issue is contained in the currently available 1.2.0 download - the fix allows you to specify two e-mail addresses - one is the primary e-mail address, and a newly added field allows you to specify the recipient e-mail address. The fix spans the three files attached here - the first replaces admin/templates/admin/language.txt, the second replaces admin/GForum/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm, and the third updates the admin/templates/default/include_payment_paypal.html template. Of course, if you prefer you can simply download the 1.2.0 tar file again and "upgrade" your current installation - which will simply update everything to the latest version.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads