Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Payment method set up error

Quote Reply
Payment method set up error
Hi

When I am trying to set up payopal as a payment method, I am getting an error:

Unable to load payment method 'PayPal':

Can't locate Net/SSLeay.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/forum/admin /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/Socket/Client/SSLHandle.pm line 21.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/Socket/Client/SSLHandle.pm line 21.
Compilation failed in require at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/WWW/https.pm line 21.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/WWW/https.pm line 21.
Compilation failed in require at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm line 25.
Compilation failed in require at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm line 20.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm line 20.
Compilation failed in require at GForum::Payment::add_method line 228.

According to my server admin that pm file exists on the server!!

Any ideas?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Payment method set up error In reply to
It may not be installed in the standard Perl library location - or your admin could be confusing Net/SSLeay.pm with Net/SSL.pm. Do you have telnet/ssh access to the server? If so, I can give you instructions to install it for your local installation.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Payment method set up error In reply to
Hi Jason

Yes I do..

That will be great.
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Payment method set up error In reply to
Okay, first you need to download the Net::SSLeay package:

Code:
wget http://cpan.gossamer-threads.com/modules/by-module/Net/Net_SSLeay.pm-1.25.tar.gz

Now, extract it, and enter the extracted directory:

Code:
tar xvzf Net_SSLeay.pm-1.25.tar.gz
cd Net_SSLeay.pm-1.25

Now type:

Code:
perl Makefile.PL -- LIB=/path/to/your/gforum/admin

You should see something like:

Code:
Checking for OpenSSL-0.9.6j or 0.9.7b or newer...
You have OpenSSL-0.9.7b installed in /usr
*** Could not figure out which C compiler was used to compile /usr/bin/openssl. It is essentiall that OpenSSL, perl, and Net::SSLeay are compiled with the same compiler and flags. Mixing and matching compilers is not supported. at Makefile.PL line 140.
Enabling gcc -fPIC optimization
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Net::SSLeay::Handle
Writing Makefile for Net::SSLeay

Now, to build, test, and install it, type:

Code:
make && make test && make install

It will take somewhere between about 10 and 30 seconds to do this, depending on the speed of the server. Once it's done, GForum will be able to use Net::SSLeay. If you get an error somewhere along the line, reply to me and I'll help you work it out.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Payment method set up error In reply to
Thanks Jason

I installed it and It is working now.
Regards
KaTaBd