Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

New users signup and access procedure

Quote Reply
New users signup and access procedure
Is there a configuration setting such that when a visitor arrives
and signs up for an account that an administrator or moderator will receive a notification which allows him FIRST approve the account for activation. The default seems to be automatic approval and access.

tks in advance
denny
Quote Reply
Re: [tmug] New users signup and access procedure In reply to
Yes, you can set up the forum in such a way that every user has to be approved by the administrator.

GForum is extremely flexible!

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] New users signup and access procedure In reply to
Thanks for the quick reply and information. Can you tell me where that configuration change can be made?

tks in advance
denny
Quote Reply
In your admin panel, go to 'Setup -> Users' and set require_signup_admin_validation to 'Yes'.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Ok thanks much. I missed that layer of configuration. I'll look more carefully next time I have some that would seem to be easy.

denny
Quote Reply
Per your instructions the new forum user requires admin approval before he gets access. How do I get that access request sent to me automatically via email?

As it is I will have to periodically check the Forum admon to see if there are users required validation.

tks in advance
denny

-----------------------------------------
In your admin panel, go to 'Setup -> Users' and set require_signup_admin_validation to 'Yes'.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Quote:
As it is I will have to periodically check the Forum admon to see if there are users required validation.

I think this function is indeed missing (and should probably be added).

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Paul has a plugin that does this...I use it and works quite well. I'm not sure he still makes this available though.
Quote Reply
Re: [bretzke] New users signup and access procedure In reply to
David -

Thanks for your reply. I solved the problem another way. When a copy of the email asking the new user to "validate his email address" is sent it uses the file "validation.eml" I added a "BCC" in the header of the .eml file.

It seems to work very well.

I'll take a look at the plug-in as well. But for our purposes we will want to approve any member requests before allowing access.

denny

--------

Header of Validation.email with Bcc: added to provide admin with a copy of any new user requests.
-------------------------------------
To: <%user_email%>
Bcc: <%site_title%> <<%admin_email%>>
Subject: <%site_title%> validation

>.. a plugin that does this ...
---------------------------------------