Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Quote Reply
Hi,

When we enter in a forum to view new posts and go back to the main index (category_list.html), the new posts we didn't view don't appear (are not counted) as new on the main index. It would be great if the new posts would be recounted each time we go on the main index.

I noticed that if we read a new post by jumping directly to the last post in the forum, the new posts in the same forum are recounted correctly on the main index.

Thank you.

François

Sorry for my poor english...

Last edited by:

Franco: Apr 22, 2003, 8:43 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] New posts on the main index In reply to
Hi François,

This is the intended behaviour. The two "New" counts are slightly different - the post marked as yellow in the forum list are new since you logged in, while the NEW count on the main index is the number of new posts since you last viewed the list of posts in the forum. Jumping to the latest post decreases this count because you _have_ now viewed the latest post, but you haven't viewed the forum itself.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] New posts on the main index In reply to
Thank you, Jason. But I would a lot prefer that the main index count works the same way than the count in forum list. With the way it works now we can miss easily new posts. It would be great if we could have at least in the admin panel the choice of the way new posts are counted on the main index.

Thank you for considering that.

François