Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

My username

Quote Reply
My username
I'd say that should be disallowed?

backticks and asterisks are blocked in usernames but why not = ~ ; etc?

Also as you can see, the length screws up the whole forum.

(Well you can't see it now I edited it.)

Last edited by:

RedRum: Dec 19, 2001, 3:02 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] My username In reply to
What was it?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] My username In reply to
You don't want me to do it again do you lol.....

Hold on to your hats.................
Quote Reply
Re: [¬¬¬¬¬"""""""""""""~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;;;;;;;] My username In reply to
There ya go :)
Quote Reply
Re: [¬¬¬¬¬"""""""""""""~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;;;;;;;] My username In reply to
Ah, I see.. yes a limit on the chars would probably be a good idea. I don't see a problem with allowing non alpha chars in a name though, as that would make the forum usable with two byte languages.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Sorry, didn't mean to screw up the forum but I needed to show you.

Quote Reply
Yes...I agree...I think that the length of the username should be limited...

The forum now is out of whack because an user is using a long email address for their "username".
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] My username In reply to
Ugh, yes, I'll get Jason to add a check in.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hey Alex! I apologize as I am probably the one Eliot is referring to that messed up the alignment by using my email address as my username. It didn't say anything about the length so I chose the username I use most places so I could remember it easily.

I would highly recommend putting some sort of check on it because it was pretty frustrating to try to log in not knowing someone had shortened my username. If Eliot had not mentioned it in his reply to my message, I probably would have had to email y'all to see why my login wasn't working *LOL*

By the way, if you have a minute, please take a look at http://www.premiumwebdesign.com/wrgalore/links and let me know what you think!!!

Thanks for all you do!!! Gossamer Threads is wonderful and I am telling all my mailing lists how great Links 2.0 is!
I know of at least two who will be using Links 2.0 for sites they are currently maintaining manually.

Glennette

Glennette@premiumwebdesign.com
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] My username In reply to
There is a maximum username length option in the admin panel. Setup -> Users -> username_max_length. It can be set to any value from 1 to 50. Currently we have it set to 50, but I'll go change it to 15 instead.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com