Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Moving Threads?

Quote Reply
Moving Threads?
Hi

When moving thread, does an option exist to move a thread and leave a redirect in the original forum?

I've seen this done on a PHP board somewhere, where the actual thread gets moved but you have an option to leave the thread title in the original forum which just redirects you to it's new location in the new forum. Is this possible? Or if not, can this be a feature request?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Moving Threads? In reply to
What a great idea. Alex? Could you guys add this?

Sometimes users (accidentally or otherwise) post messages in the wrong topic and then have replies to it - it would be awesome to be able to just redirect the people to the other board and move the thread itself over to the other board as well... Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [Peter544] Moving Threads? In reply to
It's a good idea - I've added it to the TO DO list.

In Reply To:

Sometimes users (accidentally or otherwise) post messages in the wrong topic and then have replies to it
Replies aren't lost when you move a thread - the whole thread (including replies) is moved to the new forum.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Moving Threads? In reply to
Quote:
I've added it to the TO DO list.

Another wish for the to do list concerning the moving of threads Smile

I'd like to have the possibility to move a message (incl. replies) to another one, i.e. making it a reply to an existing post or adding it as a branch to an existing thread.

Would that be possible?

Andreas
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.archaeologie-online.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Digger] Moving Threads? In reply to
In Reply To:
I'd like to have the possibility to move a message (incl. replies) to another one, i.e. making it a reply to an existing post or adding it as a branch to an existing thread.

Would that be possible?

I would like that also!

Lauri