Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Messages Need A <P>!

Quote Reply
Messages Need A <P>!
Hi:

Just notivced with the 1.2.1 version.... in a post, GF puts a <P> (or, probably really a <BR><BR>) between the end of a post and the included signature. However, in PM's, there is just a single line feed, so the sig is bashed right up against the bottom of the text.

I went looking for the code in templates (include_message_display.html) and that does not seem to be where these are put together.

Any idea where I can edit to get a <P> instead of a <BR> in messages?
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] Messages Need A <P>! In reply to
Is it in IE or Mozilla where this happens? I don't seem to be able to reproduce this.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Messages Need A <P>! In reply to
Hi Jason,

The private message system doesn't use the markup_signature_prefix tag (Setup -> Markup). So the "bug" happens on all browsers.

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Feb 25, 2004, 9:34 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Messages Need A <P>! In reply to
I've fixed this up for 1.2.2. It seems private messages were adding the signature directly, instead of using a signature tag ([signature]) - which also caused a bug in that changing your signature didn't affect the signature in private messages you had sent, unlike posts. 1.2.2 will have this fixed for all new messages.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Messages Need A <P>! In reply to
J-Man:

Hate to sound like a broken record... is 1.2.2 a near term or long term upgrade?
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] Messages Need A <P>! In reply to
I'm hoping to release it early next week; it fixes a few issues in 1.2.1 (some of which affect mod_perl) so it will be a fairly minor maintenance release - in fact, the user searching improvements are the only new feature present. The rest is just fixes. There is a similar Gossamer Mail 2.2.2 release in the works, which will probably be release about the same time.

So, unless a major issue crops up, you can count on a release of 1.2.2 on Tuesday.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Thanks!

The way your posts recently keep mentioning it, I kept thinking I had missed it or something, and then I go and chack, and it is still at 1.2.1...

Thanks-
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase