Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Message Deletion Bug!

Quote Reply
Message Deletion Bug!
I'm just starting out administering a Gossamer Forum site. I'm posting and deleting a few messages for testing.

I entered two messages on separate threads. Then I deleted one of them. When it returns to the forum, it is empty! (One post should still have been there, right?)

However, if I then start yet another thread, when it comes back to the forum after I save that post, the missing post has returned.

Is this a known bug?
Dan Cooperstock
info@Software4NonProfits.com
Quote Reply
Re: [DanCooperstock] Message Deletion Bug! In reply to
Hi,

Not sure. I'll get Jason to look into this further, I haven't seen this on our forum.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Message Deletion Bug! In reply to
Thanks. One thing I've noticed subsequently is that when I go to delete a post, it gives me a choice between Delete and Remove. I'm pretty sure I used Delete when I was observing that apparent bug. I've also tried Remove, and it seems to work fine.
Dan Cooperstock
Quote Reply
Re: [DanCooperstock] Message Deletion Bug! In reply to
Hi,

We can't replicate this here. Can you send an email to support-gforum@gossamer-threads.com with admin access, and how we can reproduce this to track it down?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Message Deletion Bug! In reply to
I can no longer reproduce it either, at least not with a simple test. I'm kind of reluctant to do a lot of testing on this, since my site is now live.

Perhaps we should just drop it, and if it comes back in the future and I figure out how to reproduce it, I'll get back to you.

Thanks anyways!
Dan Cooperstock