Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Major upgrade problems

Quote Reply
Major upgrade problems
I'm having problems all over the place while upgrading. Using IIS on a Win2k box.

I tried installing a number of ways. First, I tried to upgrade my current setup, but it gives all kinds of errors that it can't rename files to bak files because permission is denied. Finally it freezes after unarchiving right.gif (I tried several times, it always freezes right there)

I then restored the copy I'd saved of my current setup and tried to upgrade again, this time from a command prompt. That way it gives me an error about IO::Handler not being loaded and quits.

So then I tried a clean install from the browser, and it freezes after unarchiving prop.gif (also every time).

I then tried a clean install from the command prompt and it appears to work. But then when I go to setup my MSSQL database it gives me this error: "Can't call method "insert_id" on an undefined value at D:\site\forums\admin\setup.cgi line 445."

I then try to set it up with a new MYSQL database instead and it gives me this error:
GForum::Config (4348): Unable to open 'GForum/Config/Data.pm' for writing: No such file or directory. at D:/site/forums/admin/GT/Config.pm line 459.

It appears I can't win-- I really don't care which way I end up going about the install, but I would like to do it SOMEhow. :)

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ajvsm] Major upgrade problems In reply to
I finally got it running by installing a clean 1.0.0 and then the 1.1.0 over that. Much weirdness though.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
here's my error Laugh

GT::SQL (3623): Unable to load subclass: 'GForum::Table::User' Reason: Unknown error Compilation failed in require at /home/qooq/public_html/cgi-bin/gforum/admin/GForum/Table/User.pm line 17. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/qooq/public_html/cgi-bin/gforum/admin/GForum/Table/User.pm line 17. Compilation failed in require at /home/qooq/public_html/cgi-bin/gforum/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 420. , Can't locate GForum/Table.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/qooq/public_html/cgi-bin/gforum/admin /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /home/qooq/public_html/cgi-bin/gforum/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 420. at /home/qooq/public_html/cgi-bin/gforum-1.1.0/install.cgi line 6997.

have fun!

and another Shocked

GT::SQL (3767): Unable to load subclass: 'GForum::Table::User' Reason: Unknown error Compilation failed in require at /home/qooq/public_html/cgi-bin/gforum/admin/GForum/Table/User.pm line 17. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/qooq/public_html/cgi-bin/gforum/admin/GForum/Table/User.pm line 17. Compilation failed in require at /home/qooq/public_html/cgi-bin/gforum/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 420. , Can't locate GForum/Table.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/qooq/public_html/cgi-bin/gforum/admin /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /home/qooq/public_html/cgi-bin/gforum/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 420. at /home/qooq/public_html/cgi-bin/gforum-1.1.0/install.cgi line 6997.

difference was path to admin area top was with no ending / and the the second with ending /

dam just gonna erase all and skip the debugging fun !!! Laugh

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Major upgrade problems In reply to
I changed some templates so -- so what.

I went to do a install of 1.0.0 over my edited templates and choose all overwrite options.

Now I hang at fileman/toolbar/undo.gif Tongue haha I want to undo all this too!

Quote Reply
fuuu--- I just overwrote everything ... thank goodness I don't have users besides myself Laugh

Quote Reply
Those errors above were due to Table.pm not being in the GForum directory. Not sure how or why that happened :)

Last edited by:

RedRum: Dec 20, 2001, 11:05 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,

We're looking into these. If anyone can send an email to support-gforum@gossamer-threads.com with where their forum is that they are having problems with (and ssh info if possible), we'll track it down.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.