Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Mail Trouble

Quote Reply
Mail Trouble
I still seem to be having trouble with my email settings.

When I try to use /usr/sbin/sendmail for sending bulk mail then I receive an error from GT::Mail that is blank. It tells me that an error occured but the brackets are empty ()

When I add -t -i then the bulkmailer seems to work fine, however when trying to use the forum I get:

Unable to send validation email: Unable to send mail: GT::Mail (13595): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: $obj->send (%opts); smtp or sendmail and a head part must exist at this point. at /home/pwilson/adsql.com/perl/forum/admin/GT/Mail.pm line 312.

Can anyone shed some light as to whether I've screwed up or whether it is a bug?

I'm using mod_perl btw.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Mail Trouble In reply to
Try switching over the using an SMTP connection to localhost - I've found that SMTP, at least, tends to be quite consistent, but there are no end to oddities with sendmail "compatible" programs Frown.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Mail Trouble In reply to
I received a similar error message when trying to send out a lost password request.

A fatal error has occurred:
Unable to send mail: GT::Mail (27809): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. $obj->send (%opts); smtp or sendmail and a head part must exist at this point. at GForum::User::_send_email line 694. I'm also using mod-perl. And the localhost won't work on this server. Any ideas?

Stack Trace
======================================
GForum (27812): GForum::User::lost_password called at /home/website/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/admin/GForum.pm line 297 with arguments
(GForum::User, lost_password, HASH(0xa7e8688)).
GForum (27812): GForum::_plg_do_func_2 called at /home/website/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/admin/GForum.pm line 261 with arguments
(lost_password).
GForum (27812): GForum::__ANON__ called at /home/website/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 142 with arguments
(lost_password).
GForum (27812): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /home/website/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/admin/GForum.pm line 261 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /home/website/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins/GForum, do_lost_password, CODE(0x92621b8), lost_password).
GForum (27812): GForum::_plg_do_func called at /home/website/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/admin/GForum.pm line 252 with arguments
(lost_password).
GForum (27812): GForum::__ANON__ called at /home/website/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 142 with arguments
(lost_password).
GForum (27812): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /home/website/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/admin/GForum.pm line 252 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /home/website/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins/GForum, do_func, CODE(0x9261fcc), lost_password).
GForum (27812): GForum::do_func called at /home/website/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi line 142 with arguments
(lost_password).
GForum (27812): Apache::ROOT::autoforums::gforum_2ecgi::main called at /home/website/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 142 with no arguments.
GForum (27812): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /home/website/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi line 22 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /home/website/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins/GForum, main, CODE(0xa17cb20)).
GForum (27812): Apache::ROOT::autoforums::gforum_2ecgi::handler called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Apache/Registry.pm line 149 with arguments
(Apache=SCALAR(0xa391228)).
GForum (27812): (eval) called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Apache/Registry.pm line 149 with arguments
GForum (27812): Apache::Registry::handler called at /dev/null line 0 with arguments
GForum (27812): (eval) called at /dev/null line 0 with arguments

Last edited by:

carminejg3: Mar 8, 2005, 8:01 AM