Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Linking Links SQL users to Forum users..

Quote Reply
Linking Links SQL users to Forum users..
Hi,
is there a mod or plug in to let our already registered Links SQL users use the forum without resigning up..

(I mean shared users database)

Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Linking Links SQL users to Forum users.. In reply to
Hi,

We are hoping to have Gossamer Community done by the end of the month. This will provide central user database for all our products, and an easy api for other products to integrate with it.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Linking Links SQL users to Forum users.. In reply to
looking forward to see that

Thanks as always
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Can you give a few details on how that will be implemented? For instance, will the Forum be able to integrate with seperate MySQL databases and share the same login info?

Quote Reply
Re: [BryanL] Linking Links SQL users to Forum users.. In reply to
You can do that with plugins.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I should probably know this,

but what is an API?

Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Linking Links SQL users to Forum users.. In reply to
Here's a definition from whatis.com for ya:
Quote:
An application program interface (API - and sometimes spelled application programming interface) is the specific method prescribed by a computer operating system or by an application program by which a programmer writing an application program can make requests of the operating system or another application.

An API can be contrasted with a graphical user interface or a command interface (both of which are direct user interfaces) as interfaces to an operating system or a program.
Just a standard way to connect our products together...

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Linking Links SQL users to Forum users.. In reply to
Which plug-in can do that? Or, are you saying that a plug-in could be written that could do that?

To clarify, I have link_db set up for Links, and I would like to share the Users Table with a completely seperate database so that the when a username and password is created in one database, it is automatically created in the others.

Bryan