Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Latest Messages posted

Quote Reply
Latest Messages posted
I have installed and use the script that Paul has provided for viewing the last messages posted (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=171775#171775).

However I have some areas of my forum that are restricted like the moderators discussion lists. Therefore I was trying to look at a way to get the code used in the "Search Posts" whereby you can request posts since your last connection.

I was thinking that I could include the query as an include in the page but the formatting takes a lot of space in the search results format.

Has anybody got any code to display the last X posts or the messages since he/she last connected for a specific user, filtering out messages that he/she shouldn't see on the home page ?

Thanks, John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Latest Messages posted In reply to
I'm waiting too for a answer to this post/question.

Thank you.

François
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Latest Messages posted In reply to
Hi François,
I had posted this and it may help you to a certain extent since it relies upon GForum functionality using javascript and a drop list, therefore will only display messages and their titles you are entitled to see. As you can see it doesn't display anything on the home page but I guess you can say the page will build faster. Blush

I even posted a French version Wink so you'll waste less time.

link : http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=217370#217370

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Hi Jag,

Thank you for your post.

But I want something like:

"3 last posts: post_subject1, post_subject2, post_subject3."

Unfortunately, there is no subroutine in stats.pm for this kind of "stats". But I'm pretty sure it's possible to do with a global variable, but I don't know how do it. Unsure

Thank you again! Smile

François
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Latest Messages posted In reply to
Hi François,
You get that with Paul's cgi script but it doesn't take into account the user access rights. That means it may display subjects users don't have access to...

Since you can use it as an SSI, you could insert it into a page (obviously you'd need to have SSI configured in your server config file).

I think it would be a nice option to have as well on the home page the latest posted messages in the official G Forum...

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
We'll add something into version 2 that will allow to you load an access a template loop of the latest x number of posts for all forums, a category, or a specific forum, which obviously takes into account forum permissions. Using the loop, you'll be able to format the display in any way you wish - select list, normal listing, detailed listing, etc.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com