Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Intermintent Prob in Advance Editor

Quote Reply
Intermintent Prob in Advance Editor
Hi: I have not changed anything in the forum for a while- have not had any reason to. But a new, intermintant pro\blem has started creeping in, and I am not sure why. Whgen one logs into the advance editor, NOTHING works. You cannot press the buttons (though they appear), nor can you enter any text in the window. Can't paste text in, either. You have to go to the basic editor to do anything. Then next time I try, all is working. When it was just me, I did not care much. But now some users are complaining...
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] Intermintent Prob in Advance Editor In reply to
I experience the same problems.... any ideas??
Quote Reply
Re: [carminejg3] Intermintent Prob in Advance Editor In reply to
Just a thought but if nothing on your forums has changed then something else has. Could it be Microsoft Updates? Are you using IE6?

What I tend to do is have both IE6 and Firefox available, then if anything starts to act strange I can test it on both browsers. That's usually where the problem lies.
Quote Reply
Re: [carminejg3] Intermintent Prob in Advance Editor In reply to
Are you getting any javascript errors when it happens?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Intermintent Prob in Advance Editor In reply to
I use IE 6 and have a problem every once in a while. I have a user that has it everywhere...

is there a certain ie version that it works well with say 5.5 and up, or 5.0 and up?

Also could I do some type of browser check to enable or disable the advance editor feature for older browsers?