Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Installed LinksSQL => Forum error

Quote Reply
Installed LinksSQL => Forum error
Hello,

I just installed the Links SQL and as a result my GTForum doesn't work any more.

I've seen in the discussions some other people also encountered problems, bu I didn't find a solution to the problem.

I get the error message:

A fatal error has occurred:
GT::SQL (10602): File '/home/o/oivo/www.oivo-crioc.org/forum/admin/defs/Guest.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /home/o/oivo/www.oivo-crioc.org/forum/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 62.

I suppose it has to do with the SQL (incompatibility or overwrinting of files?) but I don't know anything of SQL...

So, if somebody could give me a hand? Thanks!
Paul
Quote Reply
Re: [pvc] Installed LinksSQL => Forum error In reply to
The only way this could happen is if you munged the install of Links SQL into the same directory as GForum or if you are using mod_perl
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Installed LinksSQL => Forum error In reply to
Forum and Links are in different directories, they have other db-prefixes, but about mod_perl I don't know anything. I suppose I should ask my provider? Can I prevent this if necessary? Do I have to re-install the Forum (as an update not to loose the contents)?

Last edited by:

pvc: Jun 19, 2003, 8:52 AM
Quote Reply
Stange, now, without any change (I wanted to do a re-install of the forum today) everything seems to be allright, up and working ??? magic ?
Quote Reply
Mmm, the problem continues: the forum itself works fine, but there is a problem with the admin: when I go to the admin it sends me eacht time back to the setup.cgi, I have to enter again the SQL setup info (server, host, db, user, passwd, prefix), then it sets up again (telling me it failed to set up all the data tables as they existed already, except for the category tree and the post tree), and then everything is back to normal. But, if I leave the admin and gets back the whole setup has to be overdone again :-(

The re-setting up of the forum seems not to influence the installed version of Links SQL, but the forum problem started when I installed the Links program. (see above)

Both programs are installed in different folders, the server does not use mod_perl, but I have to use the same SQL-db info, except for the table-prefix. My provider tells me it should normally not be a problem... But that maybe tere is a problem with the permissions of the writing away of the setup info???

The Links SQL version I use is 2.1.2.
The Forum SQL version is 1.1.8

So, is theer anybody who can help me?
Quote Reply
Take a look at the admin/GForum/Config/Data.pm file - it has a key named 'setup' that is initially set to 0, and should be set to 1 once the initial setup has been completed. The permissions on this file or directory may be incorrect, preventing GForum from saving it. Worst case, you can manually set the 'setup' value to '1'.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com