Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Install Problem (.pl vs .cgi extensions)

Quote Reply
Install Problem (.pl vs .cgi extensions)
Hi! Trying to install GForum for the first time on a Windows server. My problem is this: all of the perl scripts I've installed before, if they aren't already all .pl extensions, I have to do a replace function in all the files to replace .cgi with .pl and then rename all the files correctly. This has worked with no problem with all the other scripts I've installed.

However, once GForum unpacks, there are SO many files, that it will take me forever to do this. But it won't run the admin script unless I do. Is there some way to do this before it unpacks so that it automatically corrects itself? Or some other way to get it to run on a Windows server that looks for .pl extensions?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Valerie Williams
www.KnownWorldWeb.com
Quote Reply
Re: [valeriestw] Install Problem (.pl vs .cgi extensions) In reply to
You should be able to configure your server to handle .cgi extensions. What web server are you using?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Install Problem (.pl vs .cgi extensions) In reply to

Valerie Williams
www.KnownWorldWeb.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Install Problem (.pl vs .cgi extensions) In reply to
I'm on a Windows 2000 server, but I'm vritually hosted. I don't have any access to change the server's configuration, only my own files. Any suggestions?
Valerie Williams
www.KnownWorldWeb.com
Quote Reply
Re: [valeriestw] Install Problem (.pl vs .cgi extensions) In reply to
hate to suggest this .. but you might wanna contact your hosting service and ask beggingly please add this to the server config .... can't hurt and would save you lot's of headaches later on.

personal preference is to stay away from NT but .... I realize though that this isn't always possible.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile