Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Imported User Names and Titles?

Quote Reply
Imported User Names and Titles?
One user just crossed the threshold to a new title, and a new title did not appear. She was an import from a WWWThreads conversion. Any ideas as to why that would happen?
Quote Reply
Re: [earthgolf] Imported User Names and Titles? In reply to
This might have happened because of the import. The default behaviour for the imports is that it will use the User Title scheme of the old, imported forum. If they have a title in their user profile which doesn't exist, then it is assumed it is a custom title.

If no one has a custom title, then you can easily fix this problem by running a SQL command (like in MySQLMan, or in the MySQL client). Gossamer Forum will automatically calculate a user's title by their posts if the user_title column is empty, so if you did:
Code:
UPDATE <prefix>User SET user_title = ''
where <prefix> is the table prefix (if you set one).
That would make everyone's Title depend on their post count.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Imported User Names and Titles? In reply to
Thanks, brewt, I'll keep an eye on it and if it happens again, I'll try your suggestion.
Quote Reply
Check that particular user's record. Do they have something set in their user_profile field?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Well, she does now because I "hand" upgraded her! I'll check a couple of other user profiles to see.
Quote Reply
Just make their user_title field blank, and it will use the auto generated ones. Setting it now, will just mean when they reach the next title, they won't be automatically 'upgraded'.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I noticed that! I think I might have figured out the problem. What is the proper format for the user_post_title field in the admin.cgi?

i.e.:

100 => Rookie

or

100 = Rookie
Quote Reply
100 => Rookie
One on each line.

Adrian