Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Import help for UBB 2000d

Quote Reply
Import help for UBB 2000d
Hi

Does anyne know how to import UBB 2000d data to GT forum?

I know Alex mentioned an import utility a while back but the only one I could find supports version 6 and up..
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Import help for UBB 2000d In reply to
I'm not completely sure about the 2000d version of the "Ultimate" Bulletin Board (interestingly enough, a search on Google brought up this thread before Infopop's site Cool), however if it is similar to UBB 5, try running the import.pm script (located in the "tools" directory of the admin directory) specifying '--type=UBB5'. I can't guarantee it'll work, as I'm not familiar with the 2000d data structure, but it's worth a shot.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Import help for UBB 2000d In reply to
Thanks

Something like:

import.pl --type=UBB5 --source=/www/htdocs/cgi-bin/ubb5files

But will that erase my current data? and if yes how can I avoid that..?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
It will only read your UBB data, and won't alter anything (unless you use the --close-forums option, then it will try to modify your UBB config).

Adrian
Quote Reply
If you have existing GForum data, you might want to try using a second installation for the import; since the 2000d import may not work in the first place, it's much easier to just delete a second installation than trying to sort out what is real and what was imported.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com