Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Icon: radio button background color ???

Quote Reply
Icon: radio button background color ???
OK, I got M$ 5.1.2 going on 10.1 aqua....

mr green smiley has a green on blue background around the radio button ...
the other icons ... light bulb/flame/cup/mr red/ ... have a radio button on a white backgroun ...

is this another M$ marvel or is this happening with you other folks too?

also, do we get a icon reset button ???

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Icon: radio button background color ??? In reply to
Yeah, and the colors on ,y MS 2000 Pro machine look horrible. They are all greys, darks greens and the 'attachment' button is default grey Frown YUK!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Icon: radio button background color ??? In reply to
wahahahaha, Laugh

I thought the same thing when I first say the new look on a M$ machine, everything is sooooooo dark!

Mac is all nice and cheery, bright colors, just great to look at! (ummm, the GT pages and G-Forum) that is.

Also, since andy mentioned this I finally noticed how much the browse button for the the attachement sticks out, I think that OS X 10.x.x and 10.1 defualt to the aqua version ... hmmm, interesting.

Jason, if you want maybe I could take a snap shot of my screen and post here ... I haven't done this in a long time and the file might be ... a little big Crazy

Quote Reply
Hmmm, yeah, let's take a look!

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Icon: radio button background color ??? In reply to
Okay, have fun the file size was 2.8megs ... tiff that is now it should be around 292k jpeg at medium quality.

I got 2 monitors running so ... my system decided that 2 monitors should be snapped ... ahhh .... I forgot the localized picture command. Been years since I've done this ... Crazy

I'm willing to post more if anybody's interested.

have fun and I hope the picture colors stay the same.

-------------------
10.1 / M$ explorer 5.1.2
-------------------
Your attachment did not upload: A system error occured while attempting to save your attachment: Temp attachment directory is not writeable Shocked

I uploaded the attachment first, this time gonna try Post Message with the attachment....

--------------------------
ahhhh, didn't work .... here it is on a friends site Wink He's got extra bandwidth, and there's a registered DBMan working there ... have fun with the Japanese if you go digging.

http://www.9balljp.com/...es/misc/Picture1.jpg

Last edited by:

QooQ: Oct 7, 2001, 9:57 PM
Quote Reply
I like the little cleverly placed advert :).....cool image.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Icon: radio button background color ??? In reply to
ummm ... do the colors show ok? I gotta figure out what the color settings are for a M$ system so I can set my Sony Multiscan 17 sfII to mimic what others see.

the white blotch on the right bottom is due to that my sony monitor can't handle the same resolution as my apple studio display. Frown

actually, I was trying to fit more of desktop picture ... the guy is from the UK, eh! hehe ...

Last edited by:

QooQ: Oct 8, 2001, 8:01 AM
Quote Reply
I don't see any problems with it.
Quote Reply
Hmmm.... This looks to be a mac IE bug. The HTML generating the icons is in a loop and is identical. Also, the checkbox overriding the markup images does not make any sense - it must also be a mac bug.

The picture colors obviously didn't stay the same because they are the exact same colors as on the forum itself Unsure

I'll have the attachments working again in a jiffy.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Post deleted by jagerman In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Icon: radio button background color ??? In reply to
hmmm ... goes back to my question about monitor resolutions ... I pretty sure the base color setting and dpi are different.

Makes design work a little troublesome.

You guys got a mac in the office right ... I could email you the file!

Mac bug ... err let's say that omniweb and icab are fine (they got different problems Wink) This is more likely a M$ Explorer problem. If I click on the little boxes around the radio buttons the color corrects to the background color of the table. hmmmm .... I'm on the latest version of M$ Explorer too.

Speaking of which, I wonder if you can port M$ Explorer to LINUX now ... or is there one avaliable already?