Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

How do inline attachements work?

Quote Reply
How do inline attachements work?
What are inline attachements?

Are they for posting an image into a post?
How do they work because I can't seem to get it to work...

Thanks,
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: [Swaylock] How do inline attachements work? In reply to
They are a bit involved, aren't they? But they do work.

I posted a bit on my site to help explain how to do this... I will repost that post here for you (Feel free to use this on your site, if you want)

1) Adding Images to your Posts!

This is a fun one. The best way is to have the image on your local hard drive. (It is possible to link directly to images already on the web, but- if you are linking to images on any site but your own, that is impolite and stealing bandwidth. So, I would prefer members use this method unless the images are from BCDB or your own site!)

Again, start with an image on your hard drive. In your post, you will see "Attachment:" in an orange bar beneath the main posting window. Use the "Browse" button to find the image on your HD, and click OK. Check the "Inline Image" box and (this is VERY important!) then click "Upload Attachment." 1/2 way there!

Now, within the post window, place the cursor where you want the image. From your toolbar, press the "Add Image" icon. Instead of "Image Location" in the add image box, choose "Inline Image." You will then see your image (If not, you forgot to upload the attachment!). Choose your image, hit OK, and you have an image in your Post!
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] How do inline attachements work? In reply to

Cool! I think I got it. Thanks much.

Is this only available through the rich text editor?
Quote Reply
Re: [Swaylock] How do inline attachements work? In reply to
No, you can do it through the Basic Editor using a tag such as: [inline image_filename.jpg]

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] How do inline attachements work? In reply to
Cool! Thanks.

While we're on the topic -- can you disable specific functions in the rich text editor? I like alot of the functions but I want all the text to be the same font and size.

Thanks,
Mike