Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

HTTP/1.0 404 Not found

Quote Reply
HTTP/1.0 404 Not found
Hi

One of the message is still in the index of google. I asked google how to make this message vanishing asap. They told me that the quicker way to to it was to specify a 404 header status to the pages I dont want to be index by google

So I would like to specify the error of the forum page to have a 404 header status (it actually have the HTTP/1.1 200 OK status)

Do you have any idea on how I can specify this status ? I know that in php I have to put the following code at the begining of my page

<?php
header
("HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found"
);
?>

Do I have to add a var ? and then alter the template "error" ?: do you have the idea of the code I have to add ?

thanks
FMP
Quote Reply
Re: [fmp] HTTP/1.0 404 Not found In reply to
In Reply To:
One of the message is still in the index of google. I asked google how to make this message vanishing asap. They told me that the quicker way to to it was to specify a 404 header status to the pages I dont want to be index by google

So I would like to specify the error of the forum page to have a 404 header status (it actually have the HTTP/1.1 200 OK status)

Do you have any idea on how I can specify this status ? I know that in php I have to put the following code at the begining of my page

<?php header("HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found"); ?>

Do I have to add a var ? and then alter the template "error" ?: do you have the idea of the code I have to add ?

So.. does anyone know what kind of global I have to create ?

txs
FMP