Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Gossamer Forum 1.1.1 update

Quote Reply
Gossamer Forum 1.1.1 update
Hi, just to give you an update on where we are now with the Gossamer Forum 1.1.1. It is pretty much all ready to go, however I am currently looking at a few more upgrades and updates. 1.1.1 contains only one new feature - when clicking on a thread, you will, depending on the setting in your profile, go directly to the first new post in the thread. Everything else currently included in the update is either a bug fix or an optimization (one such optimization is a fix to the spacing issue around [code], [pre], [reply], etc. markup tags).

The update should be released either late tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com

Last edited by:

jagerman: Jan 7, 2002, 9:59 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Gossamer Forum 1.1.1 update In reply to
hmmmm wonder what Alex edited .... Laugh

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
When you do post the update will you please include a list of which files have changed-- I've done a ton of work with my templates and some on the script itself (I know, I know, but I just can't get my head around the plugins) Anyway, such a list would be very helpful.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ellipsiiis] Gossamer Forum 1.1.1 update In reply to
defnately the templates... which ones have changed or not. Makes life easier to see a certified list rather than try to compare each file with the previous version.

Quote Reply
Support the above suggestion as well. A list of template files that has changed since the last version would definately be helpful. I would not like to miss out on any new features just because I am using an old version of the template. Thanks! Smile
Quote Reply
Hi,

Won't be a problem. Everything is source controlled, so we will provide a list of file names that have changed, and a separate file of the actual changes line by line. =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Gossamer Forum 1.1.1 update In reply to
woooo ... making life easy ... boy that would really be appreciated.

I've always looked forward to updates but never to finding the changes.

Laugh

Quote Reply
Just an update -

We've put off the release until tomorrow (Wednesday) while we put together a redesigned advanced editor. Having tested it extensively over the past couple days, I find it MUCH faster - the current advanced editor tends to feel very slow to me, and I know other people have noticed the same thing. Unfortunately, this new editor requires Internet Explorer 5.5, as opposed to the current editor's requirement of IE 5.0. (Actually, it works best under IE 6 but there's a workaround in place for 5.5). I'm just putting the finishing touches on it now. As soon as it is done, we'll update the site to version 1.1.1, then after giving it a few hours testing on our web site, assuming all goes well (and why wouldn't it? Wink), we'll release 1.1.1 to the masses.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
mac OSX support yet? Laugh

Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Gossamer Forum 1.1.1 update In reply to
Unimpressed

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads