Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

GForum 1.2.0 -> 1.2.1 template changes

Quote Reply
GForum 1.2.0 -> 1.2.1 template changes
Unlike many previous released, due to the new editor in 1.2.1, it may be absolutely necessary to make some template changes for the new editor to work properly. In particular, the affected template are all of the editor_* templates in the "common" template set, and the 'include_post_html_common_write.html' and 'include_message_html_common_write.html' templates in the default template set.

Normally, these templates do not need to be modified, but if you _have_ modified them (you'll see a * in the admin-panel template editor file list dropdown), it is recommended that you restore the system template and, if necessary, perform your custom modifications again. Alternatively, you can attempt to upgrade your modified template to support the new editor code - you can access the changes through the 1.2.0 -> 1.2.1 diff link in the "Templates" menu of the admin. The changes to include_*_common_write.html will also enable the use of inline images.

If you have not modified any of these templates, you do not need to take any action.

If you have any questions about the necessary changes, please respond to this thread.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com

Last edited by:

Jagerman: Jan 30, 2004, 2:00 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] GForum 1.2.0 -> 1.2.1 template changes In reply to
Have you had the chance to test the new editor with Safari?
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)

Last edited by:

maxpico: Feb 1, 2004, 1:08 PM
Quote Reply
I'm sure I'll have questions, but where can I find the list of templates that need to be changed and the changes? They were all in one nice list for the update to 1.2 so I'm hoping they are listed that way this time.

Thanks.

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
Re: [Boomer] GForum 1.2.0 -> 1.2.1 template changes In reply to
The list of changed "default" templates is as follows; the critical ones that could break things if not updated have been indicated with a red *, the ones needed for Mozilla support are indicated with a orange *. The red changes are fairly significant, most of the others are relatively minor (10 or fewer changed lines). The actual changes can be viewed in the admin panel under Templates -> Diffs -> "1.2.0 -> 1.2.1". Everything in the "common" template set has changed significantly; it is recommended that you restore any common templates that you have changed.
  • forum_view.html - <nobr> tags added around the Last Post table header
  • include_css.html - reformatted, and several font bugs fixed
  • include_message_common_write.html - Inline attachment support
  • include_message_display.html - Inline attachment support (hides inline attachments from the attachment list)
  • include_message_html_common_write.html * - New advanced editor; inline attachment support
  • include_payment_forms.html - minor typo fixed (</font%> should be </font>)
  • include_post_common_write.html - Inline attachments
  • include_post_display.html - Inline attachments
  • include_post_html_common_write.html * - New advanced editor + inline attachments
  • include_smilies_write.html * - New advanced editor support
  • message.html * - New advanced editor support
  • message_list.html - Several changes to add "Delete All Messages" support
  • message_reply_write.html * - New advanced editor support
  • message_sent_view.html - Added Keep/Unkeep buttons
  • message_view.html - Added Keep/Unkeep buttons
  • payment.html - Fixed a bug in the "click for https" URL that didn't pass along the current user_id (only applicable when using Direct payment methods)
  • payment_renew.html - Same as above
  • post_delete_confirm.html - Added button to remove a post without deleting it's replies
  • post_detach_select.html - Changed detach <select> box to use <optgroup> tags to make the select list easier to navigate
  • post_edit.html * - New advanced editor support
  • post_move_select.html - Changed the dropdown as with post_detach_select.html
  • post_reply_write.html * - New advanced editor
  • post_write.html * - New advanced editor
  • user_profile_basic.html - Moved "Show other users' icons" to user_profile_display.html
  • user_profile_display.html - See above, added Mozilla comment, added "View users' signatures"

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
I have updated to 1.2.1 but I don't see the advanced editor with mozilla (here at GT I see it).
Since I don't changed any of the "common" templates, I thought that the change applied automatically...
Max
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] GForum 1.2.0 -> 1.2.1 template changes In reply to
Have you made changes to any of the "red" templates above?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Yes.. Blush Now it works.

Since the only changes I made on Gforum templates are for translation, it would be good to have a "globalization" of all templates so that all user displayed words can be translated in the language file just one time.
It's very time consuming to repeat the translation each new release is out (doing the diffs edit is even more time consuming)...
Max