Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Framed Forum

Quote Reply
Framed Forum
I have upgraded to the newesst version of the Forum, which I have in a frame (due to the fact that we have other site navigation that needs to be available to our users). When a user goes to log in it accepts the username and password and the redirects them to the front page -- as it should. HOWEVER, when they get back to the front page the user is *not* logged in. This process is repeated over and over again without resolution. The only way to resolve it is to hit the refresh button once back at the main page ... then the user is "logged in."

This, of course, in inconvient to our users. Is there a way to fix this problem? Is there some setting I need to change?

Thanks in advance,
RICHARD
Quote Reply
Re: [rtuttle] Framed Forum In reply to
Hi,

Does this happen outside of frames? i.e. if you just go to gforum.cgi directly?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Framed Forum In reply to
No it does not. But I really need to keep it in a frame due to the other navigational links needed. I hope you have an easy fix. Smile
Quote Reply
Hi,

Strange, is the frame page on a different domain then gforum? Can you post or private message me the URL to where it's installed so I can see?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
PM sent.

Thanks again,

RICHARD
Quote Reply
I'm having the same problem. Finally, can you find a fix for this?

Thanx

http://www.webconferencia.net/
Quote Reply
Re: [acidoinmetal] Framed Forum In reply to
Hi,

This was caused by the user having the domain set wrong in the Setup->Paths and URL's section. The domain must be the same as the URL you use to frame the forum, as otherwise the cookie gets set on one domain, but isn't available after the redirect.

Hope this helps,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
You mean Setup -> User Settings ? I not filled the field so i hoped log in the forum from any domain. But if i'm using Frames, when one of that frames is pointed to my forum domain, i cant log in the forum. Any tip for solve this? Or my only way is access the forum from the domain where the forum is placed?

Thanx in advance Smile

Quote Reply
Re: [webconferencia] Framed Forum In reply to
Take a peek at the cookie_domain option, under Setup -> Users. It could be that you're mixing access to www.domain.com and domain.com, in which case a cookie set on domain.com won't be available on www.domain.com, and vice-versa.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Framed Forum In reply to
Hi jason !

Some people who have in their page a link to one of my forums, cant login because they come from another domain, example... xxx.cjb.net, and the only way for let this people loguin in my domain, is open the link to my forums in a new window, pointed to my domain webconferencia.net or webconferencia.com.ar

I have blank the field "cookie_domain" in the admin forum setup, so i was thinkig that this work for any domain that reach my forums. But this dont happen Frown

Can you give a suggestion or tell me how the cookie domain work in this software? can i setup the cookie domain to work with multiple domains so?

Thanx in advance Wink

Last edited by:

webconferencia: Nov 5, 2002, 8:53 AM