Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Forum up! A few bugs though...

Quote Reply
Forum up! A few bugs though...
It's so exciting! We got the forum up, and all the messages transferred: http://www.sissify.com/juice/discussion/

We sent out 28k emails yesterday that resulted in over 4 gigs of transfer. Over 70% was to the Forum, and it held up! We had server loads in the 9's often, but I am so very excited that it held together with all that usage.

Have found some bugs though:
  1. Thread count isn't changed in the forum when a message is moved. Either from the existing, or to the new forum.
  2. When user profile:email subscriptions is modified, the user profile page doesn't say "updated" like display profile does.
  3. Attachments: Click on jpeg attachments downloads them instead of opening them. How can we change that to open in a new browser?

All in all, I am tickled pink as to how well the software runs, even under high user load.

Diversity by Design
Quote Reply
Re: [diversity] Forum up! A few bugs though... In reply to
Another bug I found when browing your forum was in your User Profiles. For some members their post counts are 0, and they are titled 'Registered Users' but it also says 'Use never logged in'.

How can someone be a registered user, if they have never logged in, and how can they have a post count of 0 when I followed a link to their profile from a message posted by them in the forum. :-\

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Forum up! A few bugs though... In reply to
Quote:
How can someone be a registered user, if they have never logged in
If they register and never return to sign in-- this happens if validation is on.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Or they could have been import from another forum which didn't have a last login field. Many different reasons why it could have happened.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Yes... it was due to imports from a different system. We were using an oldtime piece of code, Matt's WWWBoard... and all and all, I thought the import was pretty outstanding!

I have actually pondered removing that data as it seems kinda intrusive anyhow.

Diversity by Design